macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Mooch
    DM2000 Channel Strip annoying message
    Hi Not sure what I've done,but I keep gettting this message every few seconds (see pic). And as you can see by the pic I have those light blue lines at the side of the audio tracks. How do I get rid of these and put Logic back to normal? Thanks Mooch [url]http://i016.radikal.ru/0907/49/96f3df14d3dc.jpg[/url]
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: DM2000 Channel Strip annoying message
    Hi Mooch, Welcome to the forums :) I think you'll need to give us a little more info: - What other hardware (control surfaces, audio interfaces, etc) do you have connected to your Mac? - Versions of: -OSX -Quicktime -Logic 8 - Are you using the latest version of your audio interface driver? - Does this happen in all projects, or just the current project? - In Logic Pro > Preferences [Audio] do you have "Universal Track mode" enabled? Thanks Rounik
  • Mooch
    Hi Thanks for the reply. I'm using a Mackie Spike USB soundcard and an evolution MK249C keyboard. I'm on OSX 10.4.11 Quicktime 7.6.2 Logic 8 Yes I am using the latest versions of all drivers. And yes it's happening in all my projects-It was working fine until the other day when I was adjusting some settings and I can't remember what I did-and now I get this all the time. So I don't think it's anything to do with my control surfaces or audio interfaces. And finally yes Universal Track mode is enabled. I'm thinking of re-installing Logic as I can't figure out what I did and it's really bugging me! Cheers
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Mooch, I would check the File > Preferences > Syncronization window and Logic Pro > Preferences > MIDI window I think this might be to do with a setting between your Control Surface and Logic. Don't reinstall Logic! Two reasons: 1 - It will take you a long time 2 - It may not solve the issue! If this happens with every project Try this instead: - Delete Control Surface Preferences - 1. Quit Logic 2. In a Finder window go to: Users/*Your user name*/Library/Preferences 3. Find the file: com.apple.logic.pro.cs 4. Drag it to the desktop 5. Restart Logic. (NOTE: you can move the preferences file back if you wish) If this doesn't work, try: - Delete Logic's Preference - 1. Quit Logic 2. In a Finder window go to: Users/*Your user name*/Library/Preferences 3. Find the file: com.apple.logic.pro.plist 4. Drag it to the desktop 5. Restart Logic. Let me know if this helps Rounik
  • Mooch
    Wow! That's amazing,how did you figure that out. I tried this solution "- Delete Control Surface Preferences - 1. Quit Logic 2. In a Finder window go to: Users/*Your user name*/Library/Preferences 3. Find the file: com.apple.logic.pro.cs 4. Drag it to the desktop 5. Restart Logic." And it worked! Oddly enough the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file had a green circle with the letter "d" in it. (I'd be interested to know why?) like this.... http://s49.radikal.ru/i125/0907/41/db84cf57fa79.jpg Anyway you made my day!Still not sure how I managed to do that though. Thanks very much MoocH
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Mooch, Glad to know it worked! The com.apple.logic.pro.cs file is Logic's preferences file for Control Surfaces, so if you suspect something is amiss with the communication between Logic and your control surface, this is the file to trash as it contains all the preference data for your control surface(s). The "d" symbol means "in theory" this file is defaulted to open in Dreamweaver! Of course, it shouldn't. But if you were to double click on it then Dreamweaver would try to open it. I don't recommend you do this by the way! Cheers :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: