macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bob C
    Bypass
    I am trying to bypass a noise gate on a section that already has volume automation on it. I've tried to add a connected channel using the create arrange tracks for selected tracks to create another track to place the bypass, but another track does not show up. In the old days, multiple tracks could be opened up to this kind of thing. Anyway, how do I do this without destroying my automation already set for the volume Thanks, BobC
  • mtec
    Re: Bypass
    in the Automation track it should read volume at the mo, click this and go to main and select bypass another lane will appear this is where u can bypass the gate. if you still want to see ur volume automation lane then click the triangle(bottom left) of the volume automation track this will show you another lane again showing volume do the same procedure as i mentioned above and this time you will see the volume automation in one lane and the bypass info in the second lane. hope this is clear enough, if not i will repost with some pics.if you have more than one insert in this track you will have to choose which number insert to bypass.
  • Bob C
    I appreciate the input. Under the Volume automation I tried to automate the noise gate by expanding to another track, then while in the latching mode, option clicking to turn the noise gate off and on, but I couldn't find a button in the expanded view track to allow me to latch. Does the parameter above work for all channels underneath too? Also, when adding the insert for the noise gate it gives all the parameters, but does not give a simple on and off...which I planned on doing by latching as mentioned above. I should be able to do this simple function on the top level of the track...and I suppose doing Volume automation in the second...but it seems counter intuitive... Thoughts?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Bob and mtec, I'm not really sure what the problem is here, so excuse me if I appear to stumble through your questions. In Logic 8 you can choose which Automation parameter is view in the tracks's automation lane(s). So, you can set the volume automation to display on the second lane and bypass to display on the top lane like so: [img]http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/1940/picture2j.png[/img] To automate a Bypass of a plug-in, it will never be under the Plugins parameter in the Automation menu. This is because bypass an insert plugin is a function of the Channel strip. Again, take a look at the picture above. In this case the 1st Insert plugin on a SI track is Insert #2. HTH Rounik
  • mtec
    Yes, Rounik is correct, sorry if i got my channels the wrong way round. Bypass is on the channel strip(top) and volume etc will be on the tracks underneath. hope this is clearer now.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: