macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Huwecei
    Logic mastering vid and protools mastering vid
    which one? It appears that both of them offer something different but my son has already purchased the logic version.
  • Cajypiu
    Re: Logic mastering vid and protools mastering vid
    Hi Bob, I have Steve's Logic tutorials, but I haven't seen the Pro Tools one yet. Mastering, well, audio stuff in general is one of those topics where you can never learn enough, therefore, I would always recommend that you look to tread a path of continued learning and from as many information sources as possible! If you already have the Logic Mastering series, Steve does a great job in explaining the main elements in the subject matter that is mastering. I would recommend you step through that first and then apply what you have learnt. If you still feel your mastered mixes are lacking somewhat then I would suggest looking in to other tutorials and resources. Does that help? Cheers, John
  • Huwecei
    John thanks for the info. Like I said this was something my son purchased. I have been mastering songs for the past 25 years but my son prefers watching the macpro videos. I cant blame him because every time I have a look I learn something new. I have not had a chance to look at the logic mastering vid so I am not really sure of its content. My son is pretty versed in the techniques and reasoning behind what needs to be done and is pretty well acquainted with my analogue mastering equipment. I think what he actually needs is a more advanced tutorial so I was just curious which one would be better. When I discussed the video he purchased he said it was pretty basic. I was just wondering if the other vid went into more detail. He says I make him nervous when we work together so Martins vids have been a great learning tool for him. We also run a first time offender program for inner city kids and they seem to really enjoy the vids as well. We only get to work with one at a time but it is really great to see them take such an interest in the business.
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Bob, yeah I can't blame him watching them either as every time I revisit them I remember something or pick something else up... either that or my head is just plain full so the more stuff I read and watch, the more the playdo effect takes place squeezing other stuff out!? Again, I haven't seen the Pro Tools video but by the synopsis it does look like it takes a song from start to finish whereas Steve's dips in and out of background and specifics in the mastering chain, with some application as well, obviously. As you're probably aware, videos on mastering and mixing are few and far between out there and they do tend to fall in to the 'black art' category of music production.... but, out of interest, is there anything in particular your son wants to know? Or is there anything in particular that you think your son should know, that could/ should/ would be covered in feature videos? Might be easier answering going about it that way??
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: