macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic Ninja
    Studio Monitors
    I finally made up my mind, and have decided get some active studio monitors in approximately 200 to 300 dollars range. It would be really helpful, if I can get some suggestions. Abhi
  • Zihymua
    Re: Studio Monitors
    Each or for the pair this make a big difference
  • Logic Ninja
    Looking to buy a pair...
  • Zihymua
    In this rage of price you don t have a big choice Alesis series M1Active Good power sound but not to linear so you have to EQ these with an audio track you know well. M-Audio the new CX series CX8 or CX5 We have test this new one in Studio and i really believe for the price there the one most accurate in the market now. Drive in a store an have a demo with these, don t forget to bring your audio track with you, it help you to make a wise decision Hope this help you AlRobi
  • Logic Ninja
    Thanks for the reply Al. Should I just get some Sony MDR-V900 headphones? I'm buying this for my home studio and recently my headset broke down, so I thought why not just by a studio Monitors for mixing and mastering. What will be a better choice?
  • Zihymua
    Headphone purpose it is really different when mixing their good to check little detail or be quiet at night. The most bad effect of almost all headphone they enhance bass to make it sound great a good mixing pair will cost you almost the same price as monitors. Headphone cons in mixing, no true stereo dispersion no aerial feeling of the position instruments for depht and the 3D aerial dispersion position of each instruments it is none existent, so for clean end mix Goood monitors are the main key PS They exist a pair of headphone who do almost the same has monitor the cost $8000. US ouch
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Guys, something you might want to think about here.... have you considered a 'modular' approach? Alrobi asked the very good question of whether you were buying one speaker or two. If you are strapped for money to spend and are considering headphones, then I'd also suggest you consider buying one speaker. It's just a thought but buying one good speaker will give you more insight than two poor ones. When you get enough money to add to your system then you can buy the other... and extend this idea and get a sub at some point too if you think your low end isn't all that hot. There is a lot to be learnt about mixing in mono too and I would say that would be more valuable than trying to mix on headphones. Just a thought!
  • Logic Ninja
    Thanks for the advice guys! I actually bought a pair of these. http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/KRK-Rokit-Powered-6-Generation-2?sku=482826 reviews said that they are really good for the price and this is what I can afford at the moment. I hope they are good. Thanks again for the help. Abhi
  • Rounik Admin
    I've heard good things about the Rokkit's and for that price it seems like good value. Do bear in mind that placement of Monitors (and yourself in relation to them!) and other acoustic factors are hugely important too :) Enjoy your new Monitors! Rounik
  • Logic Ninja
    I hear you Rounik, thanks for the heads up. Abhi
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: