macProVideo.com
Forums
  • logicstarter
    Logic 8 Picthed
    Dear All I ve been struggling a bit lately with this issue that i need your help. sometimes I use ableton to re-edit some loops (tempo ,pitch some effects etc). After I bounce it when i open Logic 8 and search for those loops in the browser on the right hand of the screen , i play them and they are all high pitched. I dont understand why this happens , because if i play those files outside logic they play normal picth. Even if I drag them do the arrange area what is supose to be for a example 4 bars audio loop , its so high pitched that I cant work with them because they dont match the original tempo I re-edit them on Ableton Live. Any of you guys now what can I do? Thanks a lot for your help.
  • Cajypiu
    Re: Logic 8 Picthed
    Hello mate, when you say you are creating the loops in Ableton but are accessing the loops from the browser... are you saying you have turned the loops in to apple loops? Do you mean you are importing the files in to the audio bin and then dragging them in to the arrange page, or using the loop browser? Reason being, in the loop browser, you can import an apple loop as it's original key, or at the project's key. That said, you say when you bring them in the pitch goes up as well as the tempo going out of sync. Are you able to give us a step by step process of what you are doing? Screenshots to accompany would also help a lot! Cheers, j
  • logicstarter
    Hello YADJ First of all thanks for replying . In ableton i cut for example a drum beat from a track.. and then i export at 125 bpm.. after i open logic and i select this file in the audio bin and drag to the arrange area and in stead of playing the speed i save it on ableton live (125bpm) its plays faster and the tone as well is a big diference i dont know why...now after all day on this i opened logic again and the same files i tried earlier... are now on correct speed. this is such an headache : i dont know if its something of ableton live..but if i play that 125 loop that i told u i did on itunes for example it plays correct ... sorry im not english and i now its not easy to understand anyway thank you very much :)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Make sure the project's sample rate in Logic matches the sample rate of the loop exported from Live. e.g. 44100, 48000, etc. Control click on Logic's Transport bar, choose 'customise...' and select 'sample rate' to be displayed. Click on the sample rate in the transport display and select the correct rate. cheers
  • logicstarter
    Rounik Thats it Thanks a lot , as this option was not visible i thought that by default the sample rate in logic were ate 44100, but was at 48000 , thats the reason for the problem Thanks a lot for your help :) cheers
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem! Just to make sure you know that you can convert an audio file once it's been imported into Logic's Bin to a different sample rate as desired. btw, the sample rate setting in Logic is not Global, so it's project dependent. If you're using a template and you wish it to be at a different sample rate: - Open the template - Change the sample rate - File > Save as template... :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: