macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Ben
    Use Ram of another Mac
    I know using Nodes you can access and use the CPU of another MAC. What about RAM? Is there a way to use the RAM of another MAC?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Use Ram of another Mac
    Hi Ben, AFAIK this is not possible. The Node system is the way to harness the power of another Mac with Logic. What were you thinking of doing? Cheers Rounik
  • Ben
    Didn't think it was possible. I'm working on a trailer. I'm only getting started and I'm already using most of my resources. The thing is I get the system overload message very often, I see in the activity monitor I have like 300 mb free ram left and the CPU graphs is spiking from time to time. Every time I get the system overload, it shows the CPU meter in the red zone, often just one core, sometimes two. I have a 8 core (which without the upcoming Grand Central Dispatch is not much to talk about). How do I get two macs to work over LAN? I have a one computer license for the moment as the other one is used by a colleague, so I can't use the other Mac with Logic. Is there a v-stack compatible plugin for Mac?
  • Ben
    Rounik, How do I set up my Kontakt standalone on my 2nd mac to receive Midi from Mac1-logic and send audio back?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: