macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Wipavue
    Re: Logic Studio 9
    Meh. Should've been Logic 8.0.3, or 8.1. I am going to wait and see how the thing works before I plunk down another Piastre on Logic.
  • Martin
    As not much really changed in Logic, we're not redoing most of the tutorials ... instead we're going to republish them. As an example, our sculpture, ultrabeat, ES2, and TNT videos are not effected at all by this update to the software. Most of our updated content will be available for free to people that have purchased the previous versions ... :) however, we've got some great stuff coming soon on the new features ... YEAH FLEX TIME EDITING ... :)
  • MarkDub
    That's great news Martin and Rounik about the tutorials. Yeah I'll buy anything new that you guys do but it's good to hear that what I've already bought will still be relevant and can mostly be updated for no extra cost. Of course, Flex Time, the guitar stuff and Mainstage 2 all look excellent. Thanks, Mark
  • Wilifua
    I'm excited about the apogee foot controller for 9 coming in september!
  • Jekijie
    The new features are really good and will speed up work flow, however, I think for a hole new version of Logic Studio there does not seem to be that much 'of new content' of offer. I would have at least expected a new synth, environment updates, possibly new effect plug-in's. I think because I will have little use for the guitar features there is not really much in there for me.
  • Cajypiu
    Kia Ora guys! flex time editing and audio quantise options look the ticket for me! That and the opening of projects to get at track settings... and bounce in place with tail ending options... and instant sampler making and the beat detective/ sound replacer feature. OK, most of it I like... the note taking feature looks better integrated than make shifting markers too. I have yet to see to what extent they have improved the fade tools and I like the look of the enhanced spectral editing in Soundtrack Pro. Why some of those tools haven't migrated in to Logic itself I'm not too sure but then, I do wonder about having Soundtrack full stop sometimes when you have Logic... but that could well be just me!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Kia Ora my friend :) Note taking looks great! I like the Region Gain too, Convert Audio Region to Sampler Instrument, Live Loop Recorder, Speed Fades (want to see this in action), Individual Scaling of Plug-in windows (100%, 200% etc - might save my eyes!), Pointer tool new modes (Can act as a fade and marquee tool depending on position), Setting number of backups, New Bounce function.... hmmm the list continues. I imagine there have been lots of little improvements under the hood. We shall see. Has anyone got a copy yet?
  • Cajypiu
    OK, I'll try and stick to the same thread now... Kia Ora me old china! I was going to pop in to our Apple guys next week to see if they've been sent any NFR advancements. I doubt it very much but I'm sure I owe someone somewhere a coffee to get the low down. Yes, region gain and the spectral gain function in Soundtrack looks really slick too! The amount of times I've had to make new audio files to speed up/ slow down/ gain a section will hopefully be a thing of the past. It will be interesting to see if some of the quirks have been ironed out as well. In particular, I've noticed a few 'is it me' moments when working with controller assignments. So here's a late night chink of the wine glass if they've mined that nugget!
  • Chinamink
    Hurry!
  • Waterboy
    Installing mine right now. Says it's going take a while to complete the Install Process ... we shall see. Exciting times.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: