macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic Studio 9
    Tell me it's not taken you 13 hours to install ;-) Well, I'm super curious as to what you make of Logic 9... Thanks Rounik
  • Waterboy
    No, sir. It only took a couple of hours - but you have to keep in mind that I have (4) children who are demanding when it comes to attention from Daddy. The actual time was probably around (1) hr (give or take a minute). My impression? It's cool. Not any notable change on the Arrange page - but I do notice that a little white boarder is visible to show which window you are working in, I guess. You know the obvious things - and unfortunately I can't really comment on those things too much yet. I spent a lot of time messing around with the Amp sim, and it is alright for the most part. Overall - I guess I would say it is a good upgrade ... but the real jury (John Q.) is still out.
  • Zihymua
    Hey, Rounik at what time you will be receiving the new upgrade so we can figured how long you will be out of the Forum playing around in the new Logic, i am hurry to see all comments about this new upgrade from you, for me you are one of the Master man in this Forum
  • logicluvva
    I'm looking forward to all of it.It seems that Apple have listened and taken note of what musicians want.A more direct path from the initial idea to the recorded song.Audio-editing was a bit of a long-winded task for me and I was about to buy other editors and even guitar plug-ins too.I still use my amp & I'd like to see the quality of the new guitar plug-ins. Hopefully, this upgrade will be a knock-out. Mind you...I'll be elated if Ultrabeat's display window can be enlarged !
  • seige
    [quote:]Kia Ora my friend :) Note taking looks great! I like the Region Gain too, Convert Audio Region to Sampler Instrument, Live Loop Recorder, Speed Fades (want to see this in action), Individual Scaling of Plug-in windows (100%, 200% etc - might save my eyes!), Pointer tool new modes (Can act as a fade and marquee tool depending on position), Setting number of backups, New Bounce function.... hmmm the list continues. I imagine there have been lots of little improvements under the hood. We shall see. Has anyone got a copy yet? [/quote] I ordered the upgrade fri. 7/24/09 and it arrived at my door sat. 7/25/09 and no i didnt pay for any additional shipping. Which is strange because I ordered my mac from the apple store on a friday and it didnt come til that following tuesday.. but anyway.. I do have it and I havent got too deep into it yet..but i searched the web for speed fades..cuz I love that effect... couldnt find it.. so i explored logic til I found it and recorded my own video showing off that beautiful feature. Now take note. Im not new to logic but im new to logic 9.. so im not the best in trying to describe the feature..but i do show you how to actually use it.. its pretty dope.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEdTI5qE-KI check it out...
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Seige, I just wanted to say thanks for doing that video. Those speed fades are wicked! I hadn't clicked that it was just like the cross fade tool/ inspector bit. My head was going oooh... you can do this, and this and this... right, gonna have to sort me out a new logic box quick smart!
  • seige
    no problem.. im actually on it now tryin to figure out some other things.. LS9 is my super friend right now!!!!lol
  • Rounik Admin
    @ Waterboy, Thanks for the info. 1 hour seems very reasonable! Did the installer want to update all the additional media files as well, e.g. Apple Loops? Let us know your impressions as you continue to delve deeper... @ Alrobi, Thanks as always for your kind words. I have ordered the update and will get it soon, but I'm mid projects and a voice in my head is telling me to wait until it's finished before installing... What about you, are you waiting before getting the update? @ Pala, I've heard the Amp sims are very very good. Also, one of the documented features is that plugin windows can be dsplayed at different sizes, e.g. 100%, 150%, 200%... Cool! @ Siege, Nice one! Always good to see features in action. Thanks for sharing. I'm very very interested in speed fades ;-) @ Yadj... Nothing to say really except that was completely my reaction too! Cheers guys :) Rounik
  • Zihymua
    Hi Rounik, first thing you are in the middle of a project so you took the best decision wait until end, my upgrade arrived tomorrow i will do the same has you but it is not to bad everything it is downmix ready to be process with Waveburner. I have received my Final Cut Studio and i am in process of a big HD contract for 4 months now, if everything go ok i will finish it in September so i will do 2 things upgrade to Snow Leopard and after all upgrade my Final Cut Studio.
  • Rounik Admin
    Logic 9 FREE First Look videos online here at macProVideo now: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logicfirstlook[/url] 30 minutes of very cool videos by Steve H! :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: