macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mtec
    Logic 9 intel only
    thats the news going round guys. so new machines for the ppc guys(sucks a bit). mtec Minimum requirements to install all applications Mac computer with an Intel processor 1GB of RAM (2GB or more highly recommended) Display with 1280-by-800 or higher resolution Mac OS X v10.5.7 or later QuickTime 7.6 or later DVD drive for installation PCI Express, ExpressCard/34, USB, or FireWire-based audio interface recommended Additional recommendations for Logic Pro 9 At least 2GB of RAM for large EXS instruments USB musical keyboard (or suitable MIDI keyboard and interface) for instruments Logic Node requires a Mac computer with an Intel Core processor
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic 9 intel only
    Hi mtec, It would appear I was a bit hasty in my reply in your other thread about PPC support. Apparently, some users have reported that Logic 9 IS Universal Binary. However, it is not advertised or officially supported. The proof will be in the pudding, I say. Also important to consider is when Logic becomes optimised for Snow Leopard, PPC support may not be continued... Furthermore if Logic 9 does run on a G5, does it run well? Cheers Rounik
  • SpaceAce
    Well let's face it: The PPC Macs are so weak compared to a Mac Pro (or even compared to the iMac 2.93/3.06 GHz Dual-Core machines). It's really time for a change if you still havn't done so... Cheers, SpaceAce
  • Rounik Admin
    Sure, I agree. The Intel machines far out pace the PPC's... But I do feel for Education Institutes and other companies that perhaps bought Quad G5's before Intel's were announced hoping for upto 5 years of service. But anyway, I'm keeping my ears close to the ground as I'm very curious to see if Logic 9.0 is indeed PPC compatible (Universal Binary). That may have some interesting implications for when Snow Leopard is released... :) Rounik
  • SpaceAce
    I would have expected Logic 9 to appear after Snow Leopard making full use of 64 bit... (Might come in handy for audio processing, too) On the other hand Apple might not limit Logic to Snow Leopard users Anyway I'll wait a couple of months before upgrading to Logic 9 anyway. Regards, SpaceAce
  • Rounik Admin
    Was reading somewhere (unfortunately I can't find the link :( that Logic is already able to handle some tasks in 32bit and others in 64bit... Someone was ruminating that even when Snow leopard arrives, Logic will still carry out certain processes in 32bit which will be more efficient than if it were to do them in 64bit. ... now if only I could find that link!
  • Joe C.
    [url]http://www.macosxaudio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46699&p=362296#p362296[/url] Over on MacOSXAudio.com, we hear that Logic 9 does, in fact, run on PPC hardware, it's just not supported. FWIW.
  • Kwackman
    I'm no power user by any means, but I've got it running just fine on my G5 2.0 Dual Powermac. I know I'll need to change to intel sometime, but I'm hoping for another year from my current mac.
  • mtec
    fantastic. i would like to know how its performing as i have 10 of the same machines in my classroom and with budjets being as they are at the mo it would be great if i could still carry on using these ones. cheers mtec
  • Logic 9 intel only
    SpaceAce I think its time for people like you to change your attitude if you still haven't done so. You not a success in this field just because you buy apples newest gear. That's a cheap substitute for lack of success. Try using what you buy productively and professionally. If your on here making comments like this, then you obviously don't spend your time wisely.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: