macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mmusic88
    Mastering tools
    Hi Guys, I am recently recording some music, but whenever it comes to master the final tracks I've always had a hard time trying to figure out what are the best tools to use. I can never make my tracks sound as loud as the ones on a commercial CD. I've tried different presets with no success. Do you have any suggestions on this? What do you think of the mastering tools that come with Logic? I've heard many people have used them and get excellent tracks. It's not my case though... Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Mastering tools
    Hi Fvs, Mastering, IMHO, is an art and a science. There are better tools than Logic's plugins for Mastering. Without doubt! Ozone, UAD and Waves spring to mind. But they can be expensive and good Mastering Studios have great Monitors, room setup, plugins, equipment and very very experienced Mastering Engineers... However, for some help using Logic's built-in plugins to help you achieve more apparent loudness check out the Logic 401: Logic's Mastering Toolbox tutorial: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Logic401[/url] This one is also very useful (although based on Pro Tools the concepts can be applied to Logic too): [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/protools8401[/url] Hope that helps, Rounik
  • mmusic88
    Thanks a lot Rounik! After seeing the first video tutorials, I'm definitely buying the logic401. For the first time I could really understand some audio concepts. Just have one more question regarding Logic 9. I want to buy this new version, but I was wondering if I have to uninstall logic 8 and all contents in order to install this new version. Any idea? cheers!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey fvs, I agree! Steve H. is indeed a Master Trainer and breaks down the most complex of audio concepts into easy to understand nuggets. As for logic 9. From reports I have read and heard there is no need to uninstall Logic 8 and after installing Logic 9 you can still use Logic 8. However, backing up your system is a no-brainer and keeping a copy of the Logic .plist and .cs preference files are also good practice! I should mention I have no yet installed Logic 9 - so this is not from personal experience. Enjoy learning about dithering and bit rates! Very cool tutorial! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: