macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Ben
    Logic 9, autosave?
    Not sure how the rest of you guys feel, but personally, if Logic has no autosave functionality added to it, it does not deserve to be given a new number. You can make it shoot rockets to the stars, but at the end of the day, the rage you feel when it crashes on you after few hours work... if they don't fix that, it's just not a stage further, it's the same unreliable program with more functions. And I still love Logic. Just FIX THAT DARN PROBLEM :)
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic 9, autosave?
    Good point. I haven't come across an Autosave, and think that would be a good addition. But, for me, I find my fingers stray to Command-S or Shift-Cmd-S very often anyway. Also there seems to be an option to increase the number of backups saved in your project folder with Logic 9 :) Rounik
  • Ben
    Very lame of them. They seriously need to explain WHY they would not implement it. There is autosave on basic apps out there, how could they not have it in Logic?
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:]Very lame of them. They seriously need to explain WHY they would not implement it. There is autosave on basic apps out there, how could they not have it in Logic?[/quote] I have a theory about this: Would be a disaster if Logic autosaves a complete project during a recording session or Live performance and causes your Mac to lock up (even momentarily). But even so, do you not like the 'Project backup' files? Rounik
  • Ben
    How long does it take to save a project? It doesn't save the audio files again, just the editing, right? They should at least let you have the option. As for the backup files, I still use Logic 8. In L8 I have to admit that I am not sure what their purpose is. I have large projects that have like 10 backup files. Most of the time, if you crash, they are already outdated, or am I missing something? Anyway, enough complaining. We still all love Logic, because without it, we would have to use cubase (that has autosave, right?)
  • Rounik Admin
    Yes, I see what you mean. It would be nice to specify how often Logic auto-saves to a project backup... One of the problems in the past was that Logic's project backups over wrote previous ones. I think '10' was the limit! This pic might interest you: [img]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/2633/picture5m.png[/img]
  • Ben
    Oh look at that, a step further! :)
  • Bulofeo
    But there is still no autosave every 5 minutes, or what interval you prefer ?
  • Rounik Admin
    well, I almost forgot about this thread... but here is an Applescripted AutoSave script from the Opus Locus. Seems to work fine with Logic 9... [url]http://www.opuslocus.com/download/LogicAutoSave.zip[/url] Enjoy!
  • Chris Athens
    Great App and Great Site. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: