macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JuL
    Logic Pro 8 and film
    Hello everybody, I'm a bit confused and I don't know what to do. I'm working on the sound design for a short film (7 minutes) on my G5 quadcore Intel Macpro and everything is running fine into Logic (my CPU usage is not extreme); BUT when I bounce the mix and import it to FCP for the final master, I get a synchronization problem. Not at the very begggining of the movie, but the more time passes, the more the delay between audio and video increases... As if, my computer was too slow or something... Can somebody help ? Thanks !!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic Pro 8 and film
    Hi Jul, Final Cut works with audio at a sample rate of 48kHz (standard for Film). Make sure your audio files in Logic are also at 48 and the sample rate is at 48 and make sure to bounce to 48. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Hizegau
    Also be sure the fps preference in Logic matches the video
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Jul, sounds like a sample rate mis-match thing to me. Did you import any audio from the film in to Logic at the start of your project? Did Logic convert the file for you? Have a look in your audio bin and it will tell you the properties of the files you are working on. Incidentally, if you recorded any voice overs or narration in to the project, you will need to make sure that your final export files are 16bit and 48kHz unless you are sending straight to DVD for a 24bit mix. Cheers, j
  • JuL
    Thanks very much to all for your (so prompt) answers ! Actually, what I don't understand is that both my sample rate and frame rate are correct... I have imported audio files from FCP through the OMF protocol (my video project was filmed with the XDCAM EX that uses 48 KHz 16 bit). But when I watch the properties of my files they are all at 48 KHz 16 bit except the voice overs that I recorded into logic at 24bit. Might that be the problem ? For what I know, it shouldn't be...
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Jul, could you tell us the frame rate and video format settings in Final Cut and what Logic is set to think it is? The other thing that I can think of at the moment is if it is a dropped frame project. For it to cause a gradual shift in sync means that it is a progressive behaviour. Therefore, if your project was set to 29.97fps, but you set logic up to be 30fps, out of time they would drift. Dropped frame is a format too for how it deals with these rounding errors. Would be good to eliminate that if you could too. Cheers, j
  • JuL
    Hi YADJ, In FCP my settings are Pro Res 422 HQ, HDTV 1280x720. The frame rate is 25 fps (I live in Europe) and the audio is 48 KHz 16 bit; I just realized that the Pro Res codec uses 32 bit float audio, might that be the problem ? My Logic frame rate settings are set to 25, but I have no clue of how to set the video format in logic...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: