macProVideo.com
Forums
  • logicluvva
    Wait a while or update now ? Logic 9
    I've had Logic 8 for a year ( from being an absolute newbie to computers). So , an upgrade to Logic 9 is a new 'step' for me. I've heard about a few bugs in Logic 9.Like replace mode and third party instruments. So what should I do ? Wait until they sort them out ...or just go ahead and buy the update now ? Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Wait a while or update now ? L...
    Hey Pala, I've heard about the Replace mode bug - although it doesn't affect me too much and so far there seem to be fewer bugs with Logic 9 than there were with Logic 8.0.0 Which 3rd party instruments cause issues with 9? I'm running Omnisphere and Stylus RMX and countless free and smaller effects plugins. Again all have behaved themselves impeccably so far. I should also add that the installation of Logic 9 over the top of Logic 8 was very smooth for me. I needed to get a copy of Logic 9 asap as I am an Apple Logic trainer, but when it comes to new hardware and software I'm not normally an early adopter... It's worth bearing in mind that Snow Leopard (OS 10.6) will be released in September sometime. This will improve efficiency of multi-core computers (basically most Macs - especially a Mac Pro)! But again, .0.0 release versions are very rarely perfect so it's really down to whether you're happy waiting until Logic 9.0.1. Whenever that may be is anyone's guess. Personally I'm happy I've got it and I have the choice of switching back to using Logic 8 if need be. One great thing is that Logic 9 does not overwrite the Logic 8 application. Rounik
  • Bj
    Hi Pala, If you are in the position, (financially and project wise), to Upgrade to Logic 9... go ahead and do it... I'm sure you'll be very pleased... I know I am. I had to Upgrade from Tiger to Leopard first and then from Logic 8 to Logic 9. The whole process took about 8 hours... and I'm very happy to say 'Everything is working fine...' I found it absolutely painless and seamless... none of the traumas and dramas that were experienced when upgrading from Logic 7 to Logic 8... I was particularly pleased with not having to re install 3rd party plug ins like Omnisphere and Stylus RMX, thus saving much time... and the fact that Logic 8 has not been Over Written... As for bugs and other things... I have not, personally, encountered any as yet... So far, so good... Cheers, Bj
  • logicluvva
    Thank you to both of you for the detailed and positive replies. I should just stop reading other forums or Googling stuff cos it's always misleading. Thanks again and I receive my update this week.Yum.
  • Bj
    Good on ya Pala... I know you're gonna enjoy it... Cheers, Bj
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: