macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jekijie
    bus routing help
    Hello everyone, Think I may be being thick here lol but... I am trying to send 16 aux channels from Kontakt (16x mono multi output) through a bus. This is so i can filter the 16 drum channels as a hole. My problem is the bus channel is peaking like mad with all the tracks send to it (none of the 16 tracks are peaking individually). I have tried the different send controls e.g 'post pan' which is what i want. Basically I want the filter effect to be active through the bus channel without the 16 aux signal's going through the one bus. Any help will be much appreciated thanks Paul
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: bus routing help
    Hi Paul, You can reduce the amount you are sending from each of the Kontakt channels, and reduce the level meter on the BUS. Does that help? Otherwise consider reducing the Kontakt Aux's. :) Rounik
  • Jekijie
    I have just tried that mate and the level of the kontakt tracks are to quite through the BUS when peaking just under 0dB. Been thinking maybe automate the effect on all channels bounce it down then remove the effects. Seems to be the long way round though, was hoping for something less time consuming lol.
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Paul, is your buss stereo or mono? What are the levels coming out of your main outputs? I'm thinking, if you have bussed of a drum mix and it's still too quiet and yet you are peaking to 0dBFS, then I would say the balance of the rest of the mix is out of wack.... unless I have completely misunderstood what you're trying to do :) Cheers, j
  • Jekijie
    Hello mate, I don't think what i want to be done can be done for some reason now lol, the aux channels are mono, The levels are varied obviously under 0.dB. Whats happing as soon as more then one aux is going to the bus the bus peaks over 0.dB probably due to having two aux outputs sent to it. What i want is the 16 aux channels to output on there individual channels but be able to insert an effect unit on a bus which would control them as a group. Its an effect that needs most the signal so just sending a little part of send does not work. Chhers for replies lads.
  • Rounik Admin
    Out of interest, what is the effect you are applying to the Bus? From the Kontakt Aux's are you sending pre or post pan? Have you tried sticking an adlimiter on the last insert slot of the Bus/Aux you are sending the 16 signals to? Cheers Rounik
  • Jekijie
    Alright mate, Its just a 2 bar filter sweep acting as a fill going into the next section. I will give the limiter ago mate and let you know :-)
  • Rounik Admin
    Cool. I'd also try bouncing that 2 bar section to audio, place on new track and do the filter sweep there... This is a strange issue you are experiencing IMHO. Perhaps even bouncing al the Kontakt section to one audio file and filter sweeping that would help? Cheers Rounik
  • Jekijie
    Hello mate, yeah think thats going to be the best idea, bouncing the audio down. I would have thought they would have been a way to route it, like you said one them strange ones lol. Thanks for your help mate appreciated :-)
  • Cajypiu
    Kia Ora, I think bouncing to audio will be the quickest solution to keep moving as at least you can get the balance from each aux sorted without any guessing of what's going on in the middle. I still wouldn't mind trying to replicate it though. Do you mind putting your project up or a project with only the issue in question up? Have you put any meters on your individual sounds that you are trying to send to the same bus? Is it logical that they overload the bus? Peak/ RMS values combined? If you are wanting to send 16 channels to a mono bus, then it does kind of make sense that each individual level will HAVE to be reasonably low in order not to overload the channel... unless as rounik said, you put a limiter on it. You do run the risk of turning everything to mush though if you rely on the limiter too much. Cheers, j
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: