macProVideo.com
Forums
  • yan
    Zoom to fit locators, not showing whole selection
    I seem to be having a problem with the key command Zoom to fit selection vertically and horizontally, store navigation snapshot = Control-Option-Z. When I do the key command my locator selection does not always fully appear in the arrange page. For instance sometimes you can only see half of it, with the right side not on the arrange page. I started a new project tired the key command and the locator selection fitted perfectly in the arrange page. Though in the case above the full locator selection is not visible. Anybody else had this happen to them. This thread on another forum, is what I mean. http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=44315&highlight=
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Zoom to fit locators, not show...
    Hi Juno, There are quite a few Zoom to fit... key commands available in Logic. 'Zoom to fit Selection vertically and horizontally' - zooms to fit a selection of regions/events or a selected region or event. (default KC: Ctrl-Option-Z) This KC will not work with Locators. In the Key Commands window create a KC for 'Zoom to fit Locators'(e.g. Shift-Ctrl-Option-Z) Set your locators e.g. between Bar 1 and 5 and use the KC. It should work..? Thanks Rounik
  • yan
    Hi Rounik Thanks for replying, sorry I typed the wrong key command in for a different function. Forget about Control-Option-Z (Zoom to fit Selection vertically and horizontally). What I meant was Shift-Crtl-Z for (Zoom to fit locators, store navigation snapshot). I'm going through David Dvorin's book he recommends using these keys for it. I've noticed that the locators are not fully within the arrange page. E.g. I either select a region then set the locators or create a cycle region to cover a certain amount of bars etc. I then press the key command and instead of the locator selection appearing dead on in the arrange page (the locators fit perfectly in the arrange, both left and right fit between the left and right borders of the arrange page). I find that the locator selection, is only half on the arrange page with the other the right half of it is not on the arrange page. Imagine scrolling to the right to see the whole locator selection. Thanks in advance.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Juno, OK. So, we're talking about the 'Zoom to fit locators' command. & out of interest do you have any other regions selected when carrying out the zoom command? You don't mention which version of Logic you are using? 8.0.0, 8.0.1, 8.0.2, 9.0.0 etc. Also, would be interesting to know any other details like version of OSX. I've tried this out just now in Logic 9.0 and it works here as it should. I can suggest a workaround. (Although this won't replicate the command). Hold down Control-Option and drag a box to create a zoom area. To quickly zoom back out use the Control-Z key command. Cheers Rounik
  • yan
    Hello again Rounik I am currently using OS 10.5.7 and the Logic version is 8.0.2. I'm literally working on a project and did the key command and this happened. I select a (one region)region, then set locators, then press Shift-Crtl-Z. After which I find that the locator selection is not fully on the screen. The right locator is not visible, so I have to scroll right to see it, once it is visible the locator selection fits. Another way (as you probably now) is to drag the locators in the top half of the bar ruler to make you own locator selection. I try the key command and the same thing happens. I have noticed that if I press (Crtl - =) when the right locator is not on the screen (after I press Shift-Crtl-Z) the locator selection then adjusts and fits. I've included some screen shots. The first shows a region with the a cycle area/locators. The next shows the result after I press Shift-Crtl-Z, for Zoom to fit locators. [img]http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/7414/picture15zph.png[/img] [img]http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/46/picture16r.png[/img] Just wondering, what does the Store Navigation snapshot part of the key command mean? Many Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Juno, I can't replicate this on my system. Strange. It just works as intended ( and always has done - as this is one of my fav KC's) Are you sure there is definitely no other region selected? What about if you have the Media Browser open, do the contents of the locators zom to fit on screen? [quote:]Just wondering, what does the Store Navigation snapshot part of the key command mean?[/quote] I think this means that Logic remembers your last zoom setting. So if you use the Control-Z command after Zooming to fit... you will be able to return the previous zoom level. Cheers Rounik
  • yan
    Hi Rounik No other regions are selected at all. If I start a new project, the KC works fine I can understand why its one of your faves, its very beneficial. Though somewhere along the line it starts to not show the whole selection. Even with the media browser not showing I get the same result. It is strange, I am not sure what the next course could be. Thanks again
  • Rounik Admin
    Try switching screensets. (press '2' for example on your keyboard below the F-keys). Any luck?
  • yan
    No luck at all unfortunately on any on the screensets. When the right locator is not on the visible screen (after setting the locators and pressing Shift-Crtl-Z), I can press Crtl - = (set locators by regions/events), even though the locators are already set this seems to align the selection properly, though evidently its not the correct KC for the task in hand. Cheers for the advice so far
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Juno, I'd recommend leaving some feedback for Apple on this one as I can't seem to replicate this issue on my system... [url]http://www.apple.com/feedback/logicpro.html[/url] Sorry I can't be of more help. Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: