macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Nitygua
    More Ultrabeat & synths plus plug-ins
    Well in my project I've got a couple of tracks with independent Ultrabeat modules. For some parts of the song I want to add a big reverb wash, or possibly a delay effect to the guitar that I've got side chained into Ultrabeat. Should I do this on a separate channel and should I consider having many UBs for situations like this. How many is too many? I don't see any plug-in type of effects in Ultrabeat, like delay or reverb. I know the tutorials say Sculpture is a bit of a CPU hog, what about ES1 and ES2?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: More Ultrabeat & synths pl...
    Hi John, When you insert an instrument on a Channel strip sometimes you will be given an option on the number of outputs that can be assigned from the instrument: e.g. Mono, Stereo, 5.1, Multi-Output.... I'd suggest checking out the last video in the Ultrabeat series about Multi-channel outputs. Basically, loading a multi-output of Ulrabeat allows you to route up to 16 of the individual sounds to an Aux track. e.g. Kick to Aux 1, Snare to Aux 2, etc. This way you can process each element with it's own compression, EQ, delay, reverb etc. There are many, many ways to route audio in Logic... If you want to create a new track and route the output of the guitar to that track and automate a reverb on it that's perfectly possible. Or you could automate the reverb on the existing track... Too many of any plugin is when your Mac begins to choke ;-) But there are ways to help: When Mixing increase the I/O Buffer size setting and if need be you can freeze any tracks to avoid over taxing the CPU. Yes, sculpture is a bit of a CPU hog - not as much as many 3rd party instruments, ES1 and ES2 are IMHO pretty efficient and less 'hog' like than Sculpture. Cheers Rounik p.s. You might find the Logic 8 101 tutorial very helpful as well as the TNT series. There is chapter specifically on Side-Chaining... Very cool!
  • Nitygua
    Thanks again, Rounik, for clearing things up and pointing me in the right direction. Cheers, John
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi John, No problem :) I'd recommend checking out the Logic 8 101 and the Masterclass and TNT1 & TNT2. Even if you watched them all without a break it would take you almost a full day!!! So, do pace yourself ;-) and of course pop back with any questions at all! Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: