macProVideo.com
Forums
  • SoniaT
    Pops and clicks
    Hello All, I've recorded a great vocal track using Logic Pro 8 on an iMac. For some reason, there are annoying pops in the track. I tried removing them by using the Sample Editor (Silencer)--no luck. I tried changing the shape of the waveform with the pencil, but this doesn't seem to work. Also, using this method, the pops are hard to pinpoint--I just seem to create more and end up having to undo. The pops are not audible during playback of the mix, so far. I've studied the Logic Core tutorial about waveforms and zero crossings, etc., but I could be missing something. Please answer: 1) What is the easiest way to fix this? 2) What could've caused it in the first place? 3) Would pops in the track affect the final mixdown/bounce and/or mastering process? SoniaT
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Pops and clicks
    Hi Sonia, Where are these 'pops' in the region? At the edge of a region or in the middle? When you solo that region can you hear them? 1) There are many ways to fix clicks and pops. You could send the file to STP and destructively analyse & fix the clicks and pops there... - Or you could zoom in to sample level in the Arrange area and use track automation to make them less audible. - If the pops are very low in volume then try using a noise gate too. This may have the adverse effect of affecting the rest of the track... so automating the Noise Gate plugin might be the way to go. 2) What is the recording of? Guitar, vocals? a pop can be caused from a vocal breathe (being too close to the mic)... or clicks and pops could be caused during recording is the I/O Buffer size is too low (Preferences > Audio [Devices])... 3) Difficult to say without being able to hear it. I would err on the side of caution and try to remove any - but most of all trust your ears :) Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: