macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Besemou
    A Patching Environment
    a question on patching thru logic environment. any recommendations on patching midi outside of those provided in the external GM programs? no problem selecting them on the external midi and hearing those sounds, though i have problems being able to program those patches through the environment - and subsequently not even being able to consider saving those settings (no settings to save). help when you can. ta.
  • Besemou
    Re: A Patching Environment
    Wicked! Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Viberoom, What do you mean by 'patching midi outside of those provided in the external GM programs'? I'm not sure I understand what you want to achieve and why. Cheers Rounik
  • Besemou
    Ya sure. By default, when selecting from the program options from the logic environment those options will correspond with the general midi bank on my Roland. Through being a pleb, I am unable to work out how to program sounds outside those provided in the GM list. Hope I am making some sense. Ta.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Viberoom, Excuse the delay in getting back to you. What make and model is your MIDI Keyboard? There may be a pre-made Environment already out there for it... :) ROunik
  • Besemou
    Fantom x7. I have a link and will have a look for the environment if this is the beat way. Would also like to know how though just for my own learning. Thanks for the help.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Viberoom, Have you created an External MIDI track? Have you set the Channel correctly and set the Program values in the Inspector? There are a couple of links I think may also be useful: There is a Fantom x7 environment here: [url]http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=5419&highlight=roland+fantom[/url] Also, a useful generic guide by Apple on using external MIDI. Might be useful: [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3330[/url] Let me know if this helps. Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: