macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Ben
    Make a voice sound far
    I'm not sure why, but every time I use the search engine here I get no results. I'm sure this is discussed somewhere... I know you can make a sound sound farther away by adding a reverb and mixing more of the reverb and less of the original. I have a sound which was recorded with close mic position. How do I make that sound like the mic was placed further away? is there a way? is there some plugin for that?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Make a voice sound far
    Hi Ben, I would use a combination of large reverb effect (in Space Designer), a little panning maybe, volume reduction and Cut the low end EQ... Better still re-record the vocal part and add some of the above effects. :) Rounik
  • Ben
    yes yes, that's it, the EQ part, thanks for reminding me.
  • Cajypiu
    Just another side note, as sounds get further away in real life, which is what you are trying to mimic, the high frequencies die off too. In fact, they die off at a faster rate than the bass does, so I would play around with them as well as the bass :) 2 c
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: