macProVideo.com
Forums
  • krhea
    Drum Loop
    Hello, I am trying to send a drum loop that I created in logic to an external midi controller so that I can capture the loop with my external midi controller and use for live performance. In my first attempts I have noticed that the midi section, on the transport bar in logic, does not show any midi out messages while the loop is playing. Is there a setting I've failed to set? *I am using logic 8 on a mac OSX version 10.5.5. *My external midi controller is a Z7S ztar (which has been properly enabled to capture incoming sequences of midi notes or CC commands) *The ztar is connected using in/out midi cables to an Edirol FA-101 firewire interface. Any tips/tricks or advice would be greatly appreciated! :)krhea
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Drum Loop
    Hi krhea Welcome to the macProVideo forums... Although from your forum details looks like you've been a member here since Dec 31st 1969 :-o Do you want to be able to play individual slices of the drum loop using your MIDI Keyboard or the entire drum loop (from one key)? In Logic 9, there is a very easy - one button - setup, it will take a little longer in Logic 8. If you want to map an individual slice/part of the drum kit to it's own key on the keyboard follow these steps: 1. Use the scissor tool to cut up the drum loop into individual hits. 2. Convert each new region as a separate audio file (in the Audio Bin). 3. Create a Software Instrument Track 4. Insert an EXS24 (Logic's Sampler) on it and within the EXS24 open the EXS24 Instrument Editor window. 5. Here you can choose to create a new instrument and import the audio files you created earlier. ---- If you simply want to press one key on your keyboard and have the loop playback then start from step 3 above. In the EXS24 Instrument Editor you can set range of the keys to the sample - have it pitch across the keyboard (or not) & set the sample to loop or to be a one shot (you press a key and release and the sample will play until it's end point). Let me know if you need any further help. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: