macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Wipavue
    Custom Icons
    Hi, In Logic 101, Martin gives the tip on how to incorporate custom icons into Logic, but it is very unclear regarding how to do the actual layering in Photoshop to get a translucent file. Can anyone please offer a tip on how to approach this in Photoshop? Thanks! Glenn
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Custom Icons
    Hi Glenn, In Photoshop you need to cut out the images / trim them so they have no background on each layer. Hide the layer with background layer. Make sure 'Preserve Transparency' is ticked and save the icon image as a png. btw, when you open Photoshop you have a choice to have a white background or to Preserve Transparency. You'll notice that the background of your image will have little squares - this indicates that your background is transparent. HTH Rounik
  • Wipavue
    Thanks!
  • jeff
    made my pictures..... how do I install them into the Logic 7 program Jeff
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jeff, You need to place the images in: ~/Library/Application Support/Logic/Images/Icons/ Remember to add a different three digit prefix to the filename first for each image. e.g. 123myicon.png Cheers Rounik
  • jeff
    Got it workin' "lespaul123.png" didn't work "123.png" - did work I'm assuming that if you name it with alpha characters they must be after the numeric section of the name as in your example thx Jeff
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jeff, Yes that's correct you need to use three numerals as a 'prefix' to / before the alpha characters of the name. Enjoy your new visuals in Logic! :) Rounik
  • efrog1
    A couple of years ago I had a website up that collected Logic Icons from folks from all over the world. Maybe I'll make them available here for the Tutorial gang.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey eFrog1, Sounds great! If you want to upload them to sendspace or are able to host them somewhere and post the link here that would be lovely. If that's good for you then start a new thread in the Logic forum and I'll make it into a sticky thread if you like. If hosting is an issue, let me know. Thanks! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: