macProVideo.com
Forums
  • blkbrd57
    Audio configuration is damaged
    In the middle of a session all of a sudden I began receiving an annoying message..."Audio configuration is damaged". The track is playing normal, but this message keeps popping up. At the moment the project is only 3 tracks. All midi, no audio. Can you help! Thanks,
  • Cajypiu
    Re: Audio configuration is damaged...
    Hi Blackbird, this happens from time to time but predominantly has been caused from projects created with other versions of logic. What version are you currently running? What version was used to make this project? Was the project created from an autoload or another template? Who or what created the template if you did? What you could look at doing is importing the audio configuration from another project and see if that fixes it? Otherwise, it's a trash the logic preferences affair and start the project again from fresh settings. Cheers, j
  • blkbrd57
    Thanks for the reply.. I'm using logic 8. This was a new blank template. Playback & Record are working normal. I just get the message anytime I chance or add tracks. I have too much time into this to trash it. Hopefully I won't have any problems mixing tomorrow.
  • Bj
    Hi bikbrd57, I've had similar problems but not for a while now... What I did was create a New Blank Template and then Copy and Paste the Channel Strips and Regions over to it... One by One... Including the Output Channel and any Busses/Aux Channels I had been using for FXs etc... It's not as laborious as it sounds and it Fixed my problem... Hope this helps, Cheers, Bj
  • Cajypiu
    Thanks for that Bj. That's pretty much my next suggestion although there is a quicker way of doing that instead of one channel at a time :) In the mixer window of the project that is causing the problem go to the mixer's 'options' and choose copy audio configuration. Now open up a new project and go the mixer page and select the mixer's options again, this time choose paste audio configuration. Any plug in or mixer setup will be pasted over. All that is left to do now is copy and paste any arrangements or automation over to the new project and you should be fine. Incidentally, have you changed sound cards or settings anywhere along the way? Have you run any software updates before or during the project as well? What versions of software are you running?
  • Rounik Admin
    Yadj and Bj are on the ball (as usual ;) I would add that if using the 'Copy Audio Configuaration' function in Logic 8 you need to make sure, before pasting the configuration, that the new project's Channel Strips/Tracks are setup and positioned in the same way as the original. e.g. Damaged Project: 1: SI Track 2: SI Track 3: Audio Track 4: SI track 5: Aux etc etc New Project: 1: SI Track 2: SI Track 3: Audio Track 4: SI track 5: Aux Now Paste Audio Configuration. Also, If the Audio Configuration is damaged is often means the project file is corrupt. This can happen sometimes - although I've had this happen only once in 7 years of using Logic! You can also try opening any backup project files you have in the project folder to see if these are ok. Cheers Rounik
  • blkbrd57
    Thank you YADJ, BJ, & Rounik for all the help. I did copy and paste each track separately with no problems but I will keep the instructions for "Copy Audio Configuration" for any problems like this in the future. I haven't performed any updates lately, but there has been a few times that projects have crashed, and Logic has prompted a message stating that my "PLAY" software from EASTWEST may be the culprit. Do you think this could have caused the Audio Configuration Damage?
  • Bj
    Hi Guys good Info all round, I must say that, unfortunately, when I tried the 'Copy Audio Configuration' the "Gremlins" came with it... but it was a Project created in Logic 7 and then Opened with Logic 8... I found using the 'One by One' Method resolved the issues nicely... This only happened a couple of times and was in the early days of Logic 8 and only on Projects with 3rd party plugins... it has not happened since the Logic 8.0.2 update... I've been opening Logic 7 and 8 projects with Logic 9 and so far encountered no problems... it's as smooth as... Glad its worked for you bikbrd57... Cheers, Bj
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: