macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Noahsdaddy
    Changing the key of a loop
    Hey everyone! Not sure if this is easy or not, considering I am basically a newbie at this. (2 years on Logic and still a newbie!) I was working on a project. I chose a cool loop (guitar strum) and had it in the key of C. It, of course remains constant. I would like to change the key of the strum to go along with the chord changes in my song. ( Well not the original KEY per say but you know what I mean!) For example...I'm on the C chord with this strum, then I change to an F chord in the music. I want the strum to follow along of course. How would I do this with loops? Thank you in advance! Eric
  • SixStringsDown
    Re: Changing the key of a loop
    This is probably a horrible way to do it, but you could change the key of the song every time the chord changes. Then Logic will change the key of the loop automatically each time. You change the key by clicking the Lists button and it's under the signatures tab. Just click the create key button and it will create a new key wherever your play head is.
  • Rounik Admin
    If you prefer that Logic does not change the key of the entire project... but you only want to affect that particular apple loop: - Select the Apple loop (this will work better with a green apple loop). - In the Inspector open the Region Parameter area (top) if closed. - Select a Transposition value. (You can make fine adjustements by dragging up/down on the number itself or double-click it and enter a numeric value). Cheers Rounik
  • SixStringsDown
    Hahaha I knew I was giving horrible advice! That's WAY better
  • Rounik Admin
    What I've always loved about Logic is the ability to work in many different ways to achieve the same (or similar) results. Global Tempo changes will affect all MIDI regions including apple loops & follow tempo regions... but Region parameters only affect the selected region... so both could be good depending on the other types of regions in the Arrangement. :)
  • Noahsdaddy
    Wow thank you very much! using the Transposition button does the job of course. I will check this out later as I am not on Logic right now. Not yet... As you change the transposition levels, will Logic remember all my changes? Whoops! Stop right there. Creating new loops one after the other can be set to different transposition levels. Thanks again Rounik!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: