macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic Pro & Logic Express
    Newbie...Please Help!!!
    I'm sure this is covered somewhere else in the forum, but I can't find it anywhere that I can make sense of it. Basically, all I want is a drum kit, controlled via MIDI, except I want to be able to see what drums are represented by which key in the piano roll screen. I know it's possible, and I've been trying to figure it out for days, and I'm about to lose it. I think I might want to load the GM Drum Kit in the Hyper Editor, but when I do that, I nothing really happens...I mean I still can't see keys that are labeled by what drum sound they create. What's the best way to do this, or better yet, the easiest. I'm not trying to alter the sound of each drum at this point...I just want to be able to create a very simple drum beat via MIDI. Any help that anyone has would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm getting so frustrated I don't know what to do! Thanks so much for dealing with a stupid question. Sorry, Spencer
  • Logic Pro & Logic Express
    Re: Newbie...Please Help!!!
    I forgot to mention...I'm aware of step sequencer in UltraBeat...Basically, I want to be able to have the same type of screen with the drums identified by the key, but in the piano roll screen so that I can have more control over each drum...Or am I going about it in a more difficult way??? Phew..I'm frustrated!!! Thanks Again, Spencer
  • SixStringsDown
    If you open the UltraBeat instrument, it shows the names of the different parts of the kit next to each key. is that what you mean?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Sounds like you're going about it the hard way ;-) I agree with Tieg. Open up Ultrabeat. Import your own samples into UB, edit within UB's sequencer and then drag them to the Arrange area... Otherwise if you find a simple 808 or pop drum kit for example in the EXS24 and you really don't want to use Ultrabeat... Open the Hyper Editor and create new Hyper Sets for each note... e.g. C1 for Kick, D1 for snare etc etc... Then you can edit your drum data with an UB style step sequencer. btw, if you already have Steve H's TNT1, Section 5 might interest you if you need help in the Hyper Editor. HTH Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: