macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tenogyi
    Logic 9 install fail
    I loaded Logic 9 today, but received a message that the installation failed. This probably occurred because I chose not to install one of the discs (a jam pack disc) during the install. Interestingly, however, I was able to start up Logic 9, but didn't put it through its paces. Is it ok to do another install? I thought I would just load it up again, but not confuse matters by withholding a disc when requested. (I did that because I prefer to have the full resolution Jam Packs rather than the compressed ones that I assume come with 9, since that was the case with 8). Anyway, I just want to do an install that ends with "success" rather than "failed." Sorry about the long message. Thanks very much. SG.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic 9 install fail
    Hi SG, What makes you thinks the Jam packs provided with Logic 8 and Logic 9 are in a compressed format??? Apple Loops are now available in .CAF format. This is essentially like .Aiff (uncompressed) but removes the 2GB single file limit. Anyway, back to your issue ;-) I would try the install again. Before installing double check that your system meets the minimum requirements and that you have enough free space on your system drive. Cheers Rounik
  • Tenogyi
    Hi Rounik, Thanks for you reply. When Logic 8 was released I recall reading that the Jam Packs were not the same resolution as the original Jam Packs. I don't have the time to cite chapter and verse on this right now, but I remember that when I installed 8, I did not use the Jam Packs that came with the software. I simply used the Jam Packs that were already on my system. I thought I would do the same with 9, but it seems that the Jam Pack discs have stuff on them that the full installation wants. You would know more about this than me - hence my post! Fortunately my system more than meets the various requirements for Logic 9. I have a dbl session today, so I will try reloading 9 tonight after work when I get back to my own studio. I very much appreciate your prompt response to this, your perspective and advise. Thanks so much. SG.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi SG, No problem :) When you have the time could you post the link to wherever you read that Logic 9 Jam packs are lower quality than Logic 7's. I have not come across this before and would be most interested in reading this. I, personally, have not noticed any difference in quality though... Let me know how the re-install goes. Thanks :) Rounik
  • Tenogyi
    Hi Rounik, I installed 9 again this evening and everything went fine. The issue with the Jam Packs is something I'll get back to you on someday. I remember reading the reviews back when 8 came out, and one of the great features of course was that all the Jam Packs were included. I recall in at least one review (I have to search for it) where the reviewer lamented that though the Packs were included, they weren't the same resolution as the individually sold ones. Maybe I am remembering this wrong. The good news is that 9 is up and running. I'm looking forward to whatever tutorials come out from macprovideo to get me up to speed with the new features (particularly the new comping and editing features) in 9. Hey, it's good to know you're out there to field these various questions. Thanks again. SG
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi SG, Very glad to hear it all installed ok :) As for new tutorial focused on Logic 9... There is one I can talk about which is currently in production: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9104[/url] Sure, if you find that article relating to the 'quality' of apple loops from Logic 7 to 8/9 let me know :) Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: