macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Ben
    weird jump to max db
    I'm creating an audio channel and import an audio file, play it and after few seconds (random) Logic plays the channel at 5.9 db. I add automation and try to force it to 0db. It still jumps to 5.9 db. Anyone has the same thing happening to him?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: weird jump to max db
    Hi Ben, Can you list your system setup: - Mac - version of OSX - version of Logic - Audio Interface - any hardware connected Have you checked whether any volume automation has been written in Hyper Draw? What about any other automation already written to that track or the Output 1-2? Cheers Rounik
  • Ben
    Rounik good morning, I did not check the hyper draw (what's the reason to by the way? is it different than any other automation? is it like the automation in piano roll that is different than the one in the arrange?) as the track was just created and it was an audio file and not midi. I can also confirm that this behavior comes and goes, mostly goes after a while and so far has not come back. There is no automation on out1-2 (what a strange thing to do ;0) ) I use a Mac Pro with the latest OS and Logic 8. Motu 828mkii, no hardware connected (yeah!) have a great day and thanks for replying.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Ben, Yes, do check Hyper Draw as this is Region Based Automation and can be used on MIDI and Audio regions! [img]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7679/picture1kui.png[/img] This type of automation is tied to the region and was the original form of automation in Logic. It works with more traditional MIDI messages like CC messages whereas Track Based Automation can be moved or copied if desired but essentially is tied to the track. It is easier to use TBA when wishing to automate plugins. But sounds like a glitch... perhaps you had a fade file present on the audio region? It can be useful to open the Event List to see what is happening for the selected events and/or regions. :) Rounik
  • High Speed
    When that happens to me, I create a blank track, whether audio or software instrument. Then I copy the region that keeps jumping, (hold down alt and select it) and drag it to the new track. Then I delete the original and just reconfigure the settings I had. I dont do copy track with duplicate settings because it will do the same thing. This is a rare problem I had in 8, but it has not happened in 9.....yet.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: