macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tetusui
    Send to CC messages from one fader sort of...
    Hi Logic Masters! I have an old but heavily modified synth from the eighties that i decided to build an editor for, in the environment. The thing is, it receives CC like this. CC 84 sends out a value wich represents the parameter to change, say parameter 24 (VCF Cutoff). Then I send CC 85 to control that parameter with a value, like set cutoff value to 63. Right now I set up an button over the fader that sends the right CC parameter ID by CC 84 and the fader set to send the value on CC 85. It would be so much cooler to just have the fader to do all this :) Any ideas? Thanks! //JOJA
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Send to CC messages from one f...
    Hi Joja, Do you mean you want to have one fader in the environment converting say CC 84 to 24? Every Fader has an input and output which you can set to different values. Does this help? Rounik
  • Tetusui
    Hi Rounik! Its hard to explain but if I want to control the cutoff frequency I first need to send CC 84 with a value in this case its value 24, then to control it I need to send CC 85 with a value for the cutoff frequencies. Am I making any sense :) I´ll supply more info later but I really would like to be able to do this with one (visible) fader. Maybe I can use the input on the fader to manage this. Thanks! JOJA
  • Tetusui
    Hi! Got some more info from the developer off the modify kit and got it running the way I want now :) There is a lot to learn about midi messages. But now Im trying to figure out how the "text" fader works for Octave chooser. This is what I want. Text Octave 1 - send CC value 1 Octave 2 - send CC value 53 Octave 3 - send CC value 102 But this is fun Im learning alot. Thanks! //JOJA
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi joja Glad you got it all working :) Best Rounik
  • Tetusui
    Thanks! Its great to learn new stuff :) //JOJA
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: