macProVideo.com
Forums
  • roberto
    tryng implementing Steve H's Tabla TNT2
    Hi everybody I post also here the thread originally posted in Steve H's Logic TNT. Maybe it was the wrong place. So... after having studied the wonderfull Tabla Tutorial in TNT2 I'm tryng to develope it in my own way. What I did is to build a "four groups" drum kit (with the garage band African Kit in EX24). The first group, responding to C4, plays deep bass drums in 1/8. The second, responding to B3, plays a kind of Toms group in 1/16. The third, responding to A3, plays some metal percussion in 1/32. The fourth, responding to G3, plays some other percussion in 1/24. It works wonderfully. Now what I want is to put it in space in a way, let's say, the C4 group plays in the center Pan. The B3 on the left, the A3 on the right and the G3... somewhere else. This should happen live, not with a pre-projected Automation or Hyper Editor Pan lane. I guess that setting in some way a Transformer in each one of the four "chains" (Instrument > Transformer > Chord Memorizer > Arpeggiator) all the events corresponding to each group should be routed to a desired Pan position. Am I wrong? But, if so, HOW? I hope I've been clear. Thanks a lot for the attention and good work to everybody Roberto
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: tryng implementing Steve H...
    Hi Roberto, I would open the African Kit in the EXS24. It will give you much more control. If you opened it as a GB instrument from the I/O Software instrument slot don't worry, The GB Drum Kit instrument is essentially a mini EXS24. Here's how you can quickly open up the same patch and samples in the EXS24: Click and hold on the I/O slot of the GB Drum Kit and from the drop down menu choose EXS24. OK. Now we're in the EXS24 open the EXS24 Instrument Editor (click on the 'Edit' button). Here you can find the samples you wish to pan and change their pan settings etc. btw, I'd advise you to choose Instrument > Save as ... before you save any changes otherwise you will modify the original instrument. Hope that helps Roberto! Rounik
  • roberto
    Re: tryng implementing Steve H
    YES ROUNIK! It seems to work. It was already in EXS24 but, I confess you, I'm not an expert of it because I've mainly used VSL and NI plugins, untill now. But it's a great tool I'll start to study now. I'll work on it and I'll let you know. You're very precious, as always. Stai bene... Roberto
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: tryng implementing Steve H...
    Hi Roberto, My pleasure :) I'm going to delete your thread in Steve H's sub forum as it has been answered here (and to avoid any confusion). I do enjoy using the EXS24. It's not as complex as Kontakt... but is still very very useful. There's a good tutorial here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic8102[/url] that may save you a lot of time if you do want to explore it some more. Best :) Rounik
  • roberto
    Re: tryng implementing Steve H
    Thank you for deleting my thread, Rounik. I have that tutorial and I'm going to start it wright now. So many ideas in mind... I guess you'll hear about me very soon. Good work to you in the meantime Roberto
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: