macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Darren
    Saving Patches in Logic 9
    Hi I have noticed that when I go to save a modified patch in Omnisphere, SubBoomBass, Blue and RMX, I am unable to type in the file mane field of the Finder window. Instead the keys continue to control the arrange window. The bin opens when I type B and so on. This has only started since I upgraded to 9. Has anyone else seen this? Thanks, Darren
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Saving Patches in Logic 9
    Hi Darren, I have similar issues to do with key focus, especially with Omnisphere and Logic 8 and 9. Typing in to text fields is tricky and I often have to click in the field twice to make sure that text will be entered rather than activate a KC in Logic. However, I haven't found this any more apparent in L9 than L8 and haven't found there to be no way to type in to a plugins text field... Cheers Rounik
  • Bj
    Hi Darren, I too have had similar key focus issues as Rounik... This may be a silly question... but you are running OSX 10.5.7 for Logic 9 ? Cheers, Bj
  • Darren
    Hi Guys, it looks like my issue is a little worse than yours then. I have even tried typing in another program and pasting it in, no joy. I'm running OSX 10.5.8 Thanks Darren
  • Darren
    I've just tried the same test on my Macbook Pro and it's doing the same thing there. I have also tried fixing permissions and running the Mainenance scripts, but that didn't help. This one fault has rendered Logic 9 useless to me, I'm off to winge to Apple. Cheers Darren
  • Futant Mutant
    I have same problem as Darren. I didn't have the same problem in Logic 8. I am running osx 10.5.8.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi guys, I've tried it here. OSX 10.5.7 and Logic 9.0 and I'm able to type in to Omnisphere's text field: [img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3130/picture3aff.png[/img] However, the text field is NOT active when the blue highlight is flashing... instead you need to click once again on the text field and when the rectangular box appears (as above) then typing should work fine. HTH Rounik
  • Futant Mutant
    Hi Rounik,thanks for the reply. The issue i'm having (and I think that the OP is having) is not with being able to type in omnisphere's text field. The problem is that when I go to save a patch by clicking the 'utility' button (top left with a little graphic of a floppy disk) then clicking save patch the save dialogue appears but I cannot edit the name of the patch and save it and yes I do have a new folder set up called my patches where I like to save my tweakings. It's very frustrating as this was working just fine in logic 8. I have also tried this with stylus rmx and rob papen predator and have the same problem. Cheers
  • Rounik Admin
    Oops! I'm sorry I completely missed this! I tried saving a patch in Omni in Logic 9 and it behaves exactly as you both describe. I think this is a case for contacting Spectrasonics... In the meantime, I've found 2 workarounds: 1. Save the channel strip setting... 2. Save a region as a green apple loop by 'Adding to Apple Loops Library' in the Region menu. :) Rounik
  • Futant Mutant
    I don't think it's a spectrasonics issue because I get same problem with Rob Papen Predator. I'm going to try some of my other plug-ins and see... Just tried it with camel audio alchemy, same problem - still can't change the name. With Rob Papen Albino 3 when I click to save (the 's' down by the layer name) I get same problem and the finder was still displaying the omnisphere patches folders.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: