macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Futant Mutant
    Re: Saving Patches in Logic 9
    Just got an e-mail back from spectrasonics. They say: "We've been contacting Apple about this and they have acknowledged the bug and are working on a fix for it." fingers crossed for logic 9.0.1's speedy release.
  • Darren
    Good bit of detective work Fu Mu, Thank you.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey guys, Nice work on both your parts! Good to hear Spectrasonics (and undoubtedly other popular 3rd party developers) have alerted Apple to this issue. Best Rounik
  • Darren
    Yes, I should imaging Eric P would have a bit more influence than average folk with this kind of thing.
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:]Yes, I should imaging Eric P would have a bit more influence than average folk with this kind of thing. [/quote] Yes indeed! I hope so :) Let's hope an update arrives soon. In the meantime saving channel strip settings for me isn't too bad, especially as you can use Logic's search function in the Library to find them (without setting off screensets or mistakenly muting a region) ;-)
  • Darren
    Hi, yes channel strips are a quick way. I have found an interim work around but it is long winded. 1. In Finder locate the Plugins patch folder, for example for Omnisphere go to User/Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics/STEAM/Omnisphere/Settings Library/Patches/User. 2 Make a duplicate of an existing patch. 3 Rename that copy to the name that you want to save the new patch as. 4 Now go to Logic and select the Plugin. Now when you go to save the patch, instead of having to type a name, you can select the renamed patch. You will be asked if you want to replace the patch, say yes. Channel strips are a lot quicker, but if you want you patches in their correct homes, this is a way to do it. Cheers Darren
  • Futant Mutant
    Good idea, a real PITA though, but that's what i'm going to do until this is sorted - I need my Patches organised. Thanks for the workaround Darren!
  • Futant Mutant
    Hello again, Just to let you know that this bug seems to be resolved under Snow Leopard. I have tried stylus RMX, Omnisphere and Rob Papen predator and I can save patches as usual now. I also have more free space on my Hard Drive. Yay! So far so good but have only had it installed for a couple of hours now. peace
  • Rounik Admin
    Great news Futant! Thanks for letting us know. I'm not on Snow Leopard yet, but sounds like Logic users, for the most part, are finding it very good. :)
  • Darren
    Hi guys, I upgraded to Snow Leopard last week, so far it does seem to have fixed the problem. Cheers Darren
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: