macProVideo.com
Forums
  • MouKeefe
    beat replacement
    I am using Logic pro 8 and I'm having a couple problems with beat replacement. I'm separating the kick drum fine with strip silence but when I go to re-merge all the regions it just puts the original track back together without asking my permission and it still has all the noise in between. The only way I found around it was to delete the original track in the bin and then it asks permission and works. But I don't want to be deleting the original. It may be a setting in preferences but I can't find it. Number two is, when I go to replace the beats with Audio To Score midi notes come back all over the staff, no matter how I tweak the setting. Is there a way to make the notes conform to one note? Its kind of a hassle to drag all the notes to one key sound i.e. kick drum Thank you! Sean
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: beat replacement
    Hi Sean, This is standard behaviour in Logic. If you merge an audio region that you've used Strip Silence on it will include the previously cut sections. This is because merging audio in the Arrange area is non-destructive. A better way would be to: - set locators to the region - strip silence the region - solo the track an choose File > Bounce... (in the dialog box make sure Add to Audio Bin is ticked). Once done drag the newly created audio file from the Audio Bin onto either a blank area or a new Audio Track. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: