macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Abramo
    Control Ultrabeat parameters via midi
    Hi! I'm trying to learn using the wonderful ultrabeat for creating drum sounds. Ok, playing around with the mouse is for sure cool, but it would be fantastic to control the UltraBeat synthetizers with my Evolutiuon UC-33 USB midi controller. I've read the manual and managed to assign the knobs of the evolution to the parameters of Ultrabeat's first voice (i mean the first one of the 25) using the "learn mode". Pretty cool! But now the problem: when i change the voice to the second or any other one, the controls don't work anymore... The Evolution is only assigned to the voice 1, and goes on with this even if on the screen another voice is selected. Isn't any way to make my Evolution work like in my dreams? I mean, when i select a voice with the mouse, the Evolution automatically starts to control that voice? Or is there any workaround you can suggest me? Oh, and one last thing about MIDI routing: I have only one MIDI keyboard. What is the easyest configuration/routing that lets me play different instrumets from the keyboard? Now i'm doing like this: I made a midi channel that receives all the MIDI inputs, and splits them by channels using a "channel stripper". This works, but i think it's not THE way. For example if i click with the mouse on any other instrument track, that little "R" goes red on in this, goes off in the midi channel and everything don't play anymore... A little bit frustrating. Thank you very very much for your answere! (For the entire site and the videos too)
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Control Ultrabeat parameters v...
    Hi Abramo Welcome to the forums :) If you want to assign more than one parameter in Ultrabeat to the same physical control on your MIDI Controller you can do so. In the Controller Assignments window choose the parameter you wish to assign, click on 'Learn Mode' to highlight the button. Next, move the control on your MIDI Controller. Now repeat this for each voice. As for your second question, I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want to achieve... Do you want to split one part of your keyboard to play one instrument and another for a different instrument? Do you know if you click on the 'R' (record enable) button on a Soft. Inst's Track Header you can toggle it on/off. If you wish you can click on the 'R' button on multiple Soft Inst tracks and record onto multiple tracks simultaneously. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Abramo
    [quote:] If you want to assign more than one parameter in Ultrabeat to the same physical control on your MIDI Controller you can do so. In the Controller Assignments window choose the parameter you wish to assign, click on 'Learn Mode' to highlight the button. Next, move the control on your MIDI Controller. Now repeat this for each voice. [/quote] But i don't want one physical knob to control 2 parameters at the same time... i want this knob to control (for example) the cuttoff of the filter in voice 1 when voice 1 is selcted, and then to control the cutoff of the voice 2 filter when this one is selected on the screen. And don't conrol the cutoff of voice 1 untill it is selected again. You got it? Thank you very much for your answere! ;-)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Abramo, I don't think this is possible unless you build a very complex Environment or have the ability to switch the controls on your MIDI Controller to transmit a different CC message. Thanks Rounik
  • Abramo
    Yeah, from my MIDI controller i can change the MIDI global channel. But assigning manually every single parameter of all the voices is a little bit frustrating!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: