macProVideo.com
Forums
  • spritex
    Re: Logic 8 101 repeat?
    I wouldn't mind paying that 2 dollars, but what exactly has changed in it compared to the v8 version? I mean, is there any point in "upgrading"?
  • VanDyck
    It's not about the $2.00, but rather feeling duped by the perception that Logic9 101 is a new product. What we get instead is the same old Logic8 101. Sure, registered owners(users?) of Logic8 101 have access to the free L9 overview which does provide a clear and concise review of new features. The overview was very helpful. So, when I see a new product listed for $49.50 (but free to those who purchased L8 101) it suggests new content! I have to admit that sucker that I am, I paid for the Logic 8 version of the excellent EXS24 video which was exactly the same version (except for literally just a couple screens with L8 but otherwise identical to the L7 version.) listed under Logic 7 which I had purchased previously! The content identical (give or take sentence structure here and there)!!!! It didn't occur to me to ask beforehand if there was a difference because I trusted these people. No More!!! There are many avenues out there to access excellent tutorials...
  • Rounik Admin
    Hello Wally, Please see my post in this thread on 21st August where I ask for any further enquiries or feedback relating to the Logic 9 101 tutorial update for Logic 8 101 owners to be sent directly to our Support Team. They will be happy to answer your specific points and will pass on any feedback you provide. We do take customer service very seriously. Kind regards, Rounik
  • VanDyck
    Thanks Rounik, I just send support a message.
  • VanDyck
    This is what loyal MPV users should expect: A "completely revised and updated for Logic Pro 9"... Logic9 101. http://www.peachpit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321636805
  • Wipavue
    Well, I don't speak for David Nahmani, but David has told people on his site that most of his revised book is the same, and that people can use the LP8 book until the LP9 certification tests come out. Then, they will likely need to buy the book if they're looking to get certified. David, though, is not offering his new book for $2.00 to people like me who bought his LP8 book. Then again, the MPV tutorial isn't an official text for Apple Pro certification, is it? Glenn
  • Darren
    Hi guys, It would be nice if the new parts of this "Upgrade" where a little more obvious. I'd like to just watch the video on the new functions without having to watch all the old stuff again. Looking through the headings only the advert for flextime editing is apparent. So where are the tutorials on... - Key Focus changes (e.g. Key Focus) - Track Notes - Project Notes - Bounce in Place - Convert to Sampler Track - Overview of the Flex Tool - Import Track Settings
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Darren, Thanks for the feedback. Have you viewed the Logic 9 Overview: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logicfirstlook[/url] This is where the new features are looked at and it's available for everyone. Do feel free to pass on any additional feedback and/or questions pertaining to the Core Logic 101 tutorial to our Support team: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/support/[/url] Best Rounik
  • MarkDub
    Um, did I miss something? What is all the fuss about? It seems perfectly obvious that this is merely a revised version of the old tutorial with a little extra content to bring it in line with the new release, although it is still obviously a L. 8 tutorial. New buyers have to pay the full amount of course; it is still a very relevant tutorial. But those of us who already own it - $2.00? Can people really be upset about that?! C'mon guys. Let's get a little perspective here.. Edit: Oh, it seems to be gone. And I never got a chance to download it. Was that because of the reactions here? Still, I'll leave the post intact because I think there were some real over-reactions.
  • VanDyck
    Overreaction? MPV raised the bar in terms of quality content delivery that users have come to expect. It's not about the $2.00. It's about being mislead that MPV has produced a shiny new L9 video. But's it obviously just the old L8 video which in my opinion was a masterpiece!!! So what was the point in putting this sham product out to the world? Offering the free and excellent L9 overview was a genuinely nice gesture to existing users. So why confuse users with a sham product??? It would have been much more forthright to say to new users of Logic 9: "Order the Master L8 Core 101 video and get the free L9 Overview". Clean and to the point. No confusion. Something was mysteriously awry during this episode.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: