macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hizegau
    MIDI control of meta objects in the environment
    I am trying to control meta event faders in the environment externally from a MIDI keyboard. It seems the "note on" input sends velocity values to the meta object, rather than a note on value. Is there a solution to this? Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: MIDI control of meta objects i...
    Hi mediacomp Could you post a screenshot or explain in more detail what you are trying to achieve? Cheers Rounik
  • Hizegau
    To simplify the question: I would like to know how to parse out note-on messages from an external MIDI keyboard, which can be passed to other environment objects. As far as I can tell, only the velocity values, rather than note values, are passed on.
  • Rounik Admin
    You could use a Transformer to filter out any velocity values... infact if you set the Velocity to unequal 0 that would amount to selecting a note on message. Cheers Rounik
  • Hizegau
    I found a solution by changing Note-on's to Program changes and reversing the order of the bytes using transformer, then the meta-object receives the program changes, and voila, it works! Midi control from an external source is sending control data to meta objects. I am using it to control tempo in Logic, but it could be used for anything.
  • Rounik Admin
    Sounds like a good solution. Glad you got it all working right. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: