macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Skye
    Re: Logic 104 Flex Time
    http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9104 FYI 95 minutes.
  • kiwicomposer
    Already downloaded my copy and watched about 50%. Good job so far Steve H.... Now looking forward to some of your TNT's on Logic V9 and its other improvements.. S.
  • jaredf
    So the flex tool tutorial is pretty good but it doesn't cover speeding up vocals. IE taking a 120bmp vox and bringing it to 128bpm. Will there be an update to cover this, its the most important that for me with this new feature. I use Ableton Live as a Rewire to accomplish this but really want to use logic solely. Thanks, Jared
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jared, Time stretching vocals or any material in Logic 9 can be done in many many ways. Some of these methods are covered in the Core Logic 101. Here are a couple of ways: 1. - Import the 120bpm sample into the Arrange. Make sure it is a certain number of bars. e.g. 4 bars. - Change the tempo of the Project to 128. - Select the region and Option-Drag it's right bottom corner to match 4 bars. Before doing this process you may wish to choose the time strecthing algorithm in: Audio > Time Stretching Algorithm. 2. Varispeed - Right click on the Transport and choose 'Customise Transport' - Check/tick the 'Varispeed' checkbox - Select 'Speed Only' and Resulting Tempo for Varispeed in the Transport Display. - Change the Project tempo (not Varispeed tempo) to 128. All regions in the project will conform to this tempo. 3. Follow Tempo - Make sure 'Follow Tempo' is ticked in the region Inspector box if the audio has been recorded into Logic. - Change the tempo in the Transport. 4. One way to Flex - Choose the Flex Tool - Click on the vocal region - Choose Monophonic for solo vocals - Make sure 'Flex' is ticked in the Region Inspector. - Change the project tempo and the region will follow tempo too. I'm pretty sure Steve H. mentioned the last method in the Flex tutorial. As well as the ability to time stretch a region by Option-dragging the bottom right corner. Hope that helps, Rounik
  • Xoxului
    Hi Rounik, I have to agree with jared here that I think he tutorial should of had a 'remix' type section. I was looking forward to seeing how flex time could be used to import sample cd loops and song stems of different bpms and get them all synced up nicely. This is all quite easy in Ableton and I was hoping it would be that simple in Logic...
  • steveH
    Stretching to match tempos is just a simple region stretch... really easy. I thought it was obvious... maybe I WILL show it explicitly!
  • jaredf
    Steve that would be awesome. I guess I'm used to Live where i just insert the orginal tempo for the region and boom. Maybe I'm over thinking it. Great job on all the tutorials. Cheers! -Jared PS nice that you actually check these forums too. Top notch.
  • steveH
    Thanks Jared! Logic and Live are very differentn apps: Logic is NOT a real time performance app. Live is not a sophisticated studio app. Both are awesome at what they do best!
  • Kwackman
    Just for the record... I've watched the Flex time videos and learned loads of stuff. Some of it I'll never use, but other bits I'll come back to look at again when I screw it up in Logic! IMHO MCP has been a wee bit off the ball recently. e.g. I was hoping the "first look at Logic 9" would be downloadable as I've really no interest in viewing on line. But this tutorial has brought them back to the top notch crew in my Logic learning process. I've no idea how Steve H has the time, energy and the ability to find all the tricks in Logic, but I'm glad he does. Thanks guys.
  • Ellis
    I also found these tutorials most helpful. I was going through TNT withdrawal, and Lessons 29 and 30 filled that void for me. I wouldn't have thought of flexing an apple loop like that, and I am downloading Jordan Rudess' "Notes on a Dream" right now. I really enjoy his music, and will get more in the future, so thanks for introducing his great music in these perfectly sequenced tutorials. Now I'm off to experiment!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: