macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Nitygua
    need room for Logic 9 on Macbook Pro
    I currently have Logic 8.0.2 on the Macbook Pro. I just installed Snow Leopard which freed up almost 10GB on the hard drive but I've only got 32GB left and I want to install Logic 9. Will installing Logic 9 sort of overwrite Logic 8 and remove any redundancies or do I need to make space. Any suggestions on how to make room on my Macbook?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: need room for Logic 9 on Macbo...
    Hi John, Logic 9 contains all the same content as Logic 8 with the addition of one extra jam pack, some extra settings for Space designer etc. I can't remember off the top of my head how much space extra 9 needed over 8 to do a complete install but it was less than it said and I imagined. Much of the installation seemed to be overwriting existing material... so not a lot of extra space is required. I started out with under 30GB free and think I ended up with about 24GB free after installation. When installing Logic 9 you can ask Logic to install extra jam packs to an external drive btw. Hope that helps. :) Rounik
  • Nitygua
    Re: need room for Logic 9 on Macbo...
    Yes, indeed. It helps very much. Thanks, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: