macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Segejee
    Sample issue
    Logic 7.2 here, alright I have a looping PAD that is dropping out, PAD is being played a sampler. I would stretch the note and the problem would be fixed right? well not if I'm always looping from the beginning of the song. So I set up the PAD or (Sample to repeat every 8 bars, thats where it is dropping out and If I leave a bit of space between the notes it will work but then I get sound cut in between the loops, can anybody figure out how to solve this???
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Sample issue
    Hi K1, What Sampler are you using? EXS24? Increasing the length of the note will not increase the length of the sample. If the original audio file is longer than the section you are using try adjusting the start and end points in the EXS24. Also play with the ADSR (Attack, Decay, Sustain & Release) Envelope. Increase the Sustain and Release... If this does not work because the original sample is too short then you will need to bounce the sample to audio and time stretch it to the desired length. You could get some pretty amazing results in Logic 9 using the Flex Time features... In Logic 7.2 I'd play around with the different time stretching algorithms and see what you come up with... Just remember that time stretching audio in Logic is a destructive command and will alter the audio file so do keep a backup/copy of the original just in case ;-) Cheers Rounik
  • Segejee
    it's a liquid by ueberschall Ambient PAD and it loops for as long as you hold down the key. Weird thing is, is that when playing the PAD back it only cuts out some times not all the time. I'm going to try to bounce it to an audio file and see if that fixes the problem.
  • Hamish H
    for what its worth, I used to have regular problems with Logic not playing the first note of a MIDI loop, until I worked out that the first note was starting slightly before the beginning of the bar. as soon as I moved it to the grid line it plays every time.
  • Rounik Admin
    Yes, this is a good point. Sometimes positioning the note to just on or fractionally after the grid line can help. Also consider not starting the note on 1 1 1 1. But instead move your whole project forward by one/four etc bars. :) Rounik
  • Segejee
    actually just bouncing out to a wav file fixed it.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: