macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Humboldtstickman
    Stuck sounds on every soft synth channel! Help!
    I have a new problem that appeared and happens in both logic and garageband on every softsyth channel. When I select the midi instrument, a pulsing noise begins to eminate from the channel! If I treat it as a stuck note, it only goes away momentarily. This never was a problem before. I upgraded to snow leopard a few days ago, but this was hapening in leopard as well. It also happens whether or not my pcr-800 is plugged in or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Stuck sounds on every soft syn...
    Hi, Have you tried deleting Logic's preferences? Quit Logic Go to Users/Library/Preferences/ find the com.apple.logic.pro.plist and move it to the desktop Restart Logic and see if the problem persists. :) Rounik
  • Humboldtstickman
    Thank you. I tried what you said, and it did not make a difference. Just to note, the same thing happens in logic, garageband, and mainstage. I even pulled the preferences out of those programs as well. They are still on my desktop. If I select a channel with a staccato sound it sounds like a pulse, where as with an ambient sound, it sounds like wind noise.
  • Rounik Admin
    Can you think of anything that may have changed on your system just before you began noticing this issue. Also what audio interface do you use, version of OSX, etc... Does this happen with any Software Instrument Track (even without an instrument loaded on it)? Do you have to trigger a note for it to sound?
  • Humboldtstickman
    I updated logic pro 8 to pro 9, I just upgraded to snow leopard, but I was having this issue before that. I am not sure if it was happening before the logic 9 upgrade. I am using a presonus firestudio project. I also edirol pcr-800 and just updated those drivers as well. I do have a time machine with backups of my computer. Can you run logic from an older setup to find the point the problem started? The sounds occur only when a synth is loaded, whether it is a apple synth or third party plugin. Thanks for your help. Mike
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Mike, So you suspect it began happening after upgrading to Logic 9? Can you remember if there were any changes you made to your system or upgraded/updated any software between the time is was working ok to not? Prime suspects include Audio Drivers for your hardware. I have not heard of this issue before I'm afraid so recommend you look in Applications/Utilities folder and run AudioMIDI Setup and check that everything is connected up ok there. Also, try doing a repair permissions. It probably won't help, but it can't hurt to try this: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=13874[/url] I think Logic 9 requires OS 10.5.7 or above? So if your Time Machine backup can go back to that version then do try it... :) Rounik
  • Humboldtstickman
    Thanks Rounik! I think I have narrowed it down to a Presonus Faderport I forgot to mention. I unplugged all the hardware except for the keyboard, then added my audio interface, and a midiport uno. The sound went away, until I added the faderport in. I guess I will look at that and redo the drivers. That should take care of it. Mike.
  • Rounik Admin
    Aha! The Presonus Faderport. I heard there were issues with it and Snow Leopard. Don't know if this has been resolved or not yet... Do contact Presonus and find out. Please do post back and let us know how you get on. btw, what are your impressions of the Faderport (pre-these teething issues with Snow Leopard compatibility)? :) Rounik
  • Humboldtstickman
    It definately is the Faderport! Unfortunately after reinstalling the Presonus drivers, it did exactly the same thing. I guess I will followup with them later this week. I got the faderport free with the audio interface, it works okay but you have to switch it for each channel. I want to try and set up the PCR-800 to do the same things, with multiple faders and pots to simplify things. I will followup if I find out anything from pre-sonus about Snow Leopard issues. Thanks again, Mike.
  • Rounik Admin
    Ahh... I've found some information about the Faderport. It seems the issue is not with SL but with Faderport not yet supporting Logic 9!!! [url]http://forums.presonus.com/showthread.php?t=9241[/url] Looks like an update is in the works from Presonus - but there doesn't seem to be any time frame for this listed on their website. If you need any help getting the PCR-800's faders to work with Logic do let me know in a new thread. You can use the Controller Assignments window in Logic to set this up. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: