macProVideo.com
Forums
  • sus4
    Snow Leopard
    Just wondering if anyone has upgraded to SL and experienced any problems in general. I'm using LE8 and am also curious if anyone has had any problems with LE8 and also LE9. Thanks Peter
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Snow Leopard
    Hi Peter, General consensus (from Logic Pro users) is that Snow Leopard is a good upgrade. I have heard of relatively few issues for Logic users to do with Snow leopard. Do a quick search here for 'snow leopard'. I believe mtec is testing Logic 8 and 9 with SL and has found it good so far. I should mention most users who have upgraded to SL have reported their machines are running slightly more quickly! But, as always, I would recommend cloning your Leopard system first before upgrading to a new OS. HTH Rounik
  • sus4
    Rounik Thanks for you response. You said to do a clone of my Leopard system before upgrading to SL. I use Time Machine now. Is that what you mean by a clone? Peter
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Peter, I don't use Time Machine too much on my production workstation - simply because I use it for training a lot so am very portable often! However, by 'clone' I mean an exact copy of your system drive. So using an app like carbon Copy Cloner (free) or Super Duper (v. reasonable price) you create an exact duplicate of the system drive onto an external drive. The benefit is you can easily boot up from the external drive when you need to. Hope that helps, Rounik
  • sus4
    Rounik I did hear of Copy Cloner and Super Duper. That's great information. I'll look for Copy Cloner first on Google since it's free. After I clone my computer I'll then upgrade to Snow Leopard. Thanks again for the information. Peter
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Peter, I personally love Carbon Copy Cloner. You can find it here: [url]http://www.bombich.com/software/ccc.html[/url] :) Rounik
  • sus4
    Rounik Thanks, I already down loaded Carbon Copy Cloner. Peter
  • TazMan
    no issues here... I just finished a couple of huge projects in LE8....no issues.
  • sus4
    Are you saying no issues with Snow Leopard and LE8?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: