macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mmusic88
    Logic and Software Inst.
    Hi guys, I have a question regarding software instruments/audio interfaces. I have always wondered what happens if you're working on a project with your audio interface at a certain sample rate, but then decide to work on your way home and don't have the interface plugged. The audio is already recorded, and I'm only working with soft. inst. Do the changes made on the project during this lapse of time (without the interface) affect in any way the quality of the project whenever the interface is plugged back again? I'd appreciate any comments. thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic and Software Inst.
    Hi fvs, Switching from one interface to another won't affect the quality of the sounds in Logic itself. Your built-in audio interface support many different sample rates, so no problem there. The sample rate info is saved to the project file and not Logic's global preferences so it won't be changed by using a different audio interface. However, using a different audio interface will affect the number of inputs and outputs available and the sound quality you hear. But again this won't change the quality of the sound coming from Logic itself. Thanks Rounik
  • mmusic88
    Thanks as always for your very helpful response! best, fvs
  • Rounik Admin
    My pleasure! Enjoy using Logic on the move ;-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: