macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Resu
    Re: Logic Tutorial Upgrades - Plea...
    First: I don`t understand why some tutorial updates are available for 5 Dollars which include no new material at all. It makes no scence. Second: As long there`s no list for actually new videos in the rest of the tutorials I wouldn`t pay 5 Dollars. Third: Just move to a server with a bandwith flatrate and we can download the new box graphics for free.
  • MarkDub
    Just wanted to add my voice to this. I too would have no problem paying $5 for any upgraded tutorials - but I would have a problem paying for upgrades where there was no new content. My list of possible upgrades includes the entire Logic range (the Megabundle) so the total payable is substantial. I would appreciate knowing in advance which tutorials are worth upgrading, i.e. which have new content, and which are not. Many thanks.
  • Hamish H
    Hi Morrissey007 in reply to your post 'I have Logic 8 401 Mastering but cant see an upgrade????' the Logic 401 Mastering Toolbox tutorial was already in the new graphics format, so i think thats why an upgrade hasn't been offered
  • Wyhudyi
    Okay. Thanks to a bug(?) in N.E.D. I have both the original tutorials and the recently purchased "upgraded" ones in my library window. So maybe I can shed some light on what chapters are different. If I missed something, made a mistake, etc. I ([b]of course[/b]) welcome a correction from Steve H., Martin or anyone else for that matter. Here we go- [b]Logic 201: Steve H's Logic Master Class[/b] Original- 60 chapters Upgrade- 63 Chapters 15 Flex Editing Promo 18 Automatic Drum Replacement and Doubling 35 Extended vs. Advanced Region Parameters [b]Ultrabeat Unleashed[/b] Ultrabeat Unleashed Original- 33 Chapters Upgrade- 35 Chapters 1 Welcome to Ultrabeat 27 Parameter Offset Sequencing [b]Logic Pro 8 205 Synthesis with Sculpture[/b] Original- 25 Chapters Upgrade- 26 Chapters 26- Fun New Features [b]Logic 206 ES2 Exposed[/b] Original- 47 Chapters Upgrade- 48 Chapters 1 Suffering from Presetitus? [b]Logic 8 101: Core Logic - Logic 101: Core Logic [/b] Same number of chapters but, different content? Confusing. Have to skim through this⦠[b]Logic 404: Mixing Electronica[/b] No change or added chapters [b]Logic 303: Logic TNT 2[/b] No change or added chapters
  • Hamish H
    there are also some short updates actually within the videos themselves, as an example in the 'strip silence' section of Steve H's Masterclass 201 he interrupts himself with: 'in the current version of Logic there is a new function known as flex editing' Martin's advice that not much has changed, and there is no need to reinvent the wheel is pretty accurate. In my I was happy to pay $5 for each update as I figured I would have paid $5 more for each tutorial in the first place (especially considering that I got a 50% discount for loads of them during the lemonade sale). I think that these videos are incredible value for money whether updated or not.
  • MarkDub
    Thank you Cloudmover for that helpful info. Makes it easier to see what's on offer. Yes I agree Hamish that the tutorials are absolutely worth their weight in gold. I just don't see the point in 'upgrading' if there's nothing to gain by it. Mark
  • nobody
    This seems just kind of bizarre to me. I have 4 titles, and according to this thread, only one of the four has been "upgraded". I am given no clear information on the site itself if anything has be upgraded but I can add them to the cart for $5/each. The admins here state they make ZERO money on this, so... Why on earth, if you really care about the customer, would you allow me to "waste" $15? Overall happy with the titles, just kinda baffled by this. De-sensitizes me to the overall product. Next time I see an "upgrade", I'll be prone to consider it noise. :-)
  • Brogroove
    amen. I'm a fan of the videos as well and have learned quite a bit by watching them. But... I don't really see an upgrade as far as content goes. $5 gets me a decent App at the App store. I was hoping for a little more bang for my buck in the form of new information.
  • Spectacle
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I went back in today to see what I had available and realized that I hadn't gotten the upgrade to the Mainstage 2 tutorial. Then I went on the site and it shows up as full price, not an upgrade. Is there a $5 upgrade for the Mainstage 2 101 tutorial? Or is it totally different from the Mainstage 101 one?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Spectacle, The Mainstage2 tutorial is completely new, it's not an upgrade. It's a very good new tut though! ;-) Hope that helps Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: