macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bob C
    TNT 2 September, Multi-Timbral instruments
    Hello Steve, I've been having trouble with BFD drums...pretty much since I've had them. When I saw your tutorial on Multi-Timbral Instruments I had hoped I had found the solution. I have tried following the TNT 2 September tutorial...step by step...and for some reason...even though the faders seem to work etc., its not working. I'm wondering where I'm going wrong. I suspect it has something to do with the way I'm setting-up BFD... I set it up using the stereo channels first and finish with the mono channels to fill up the gambit of 16. I've been to their forums and I am not getting the answers I need to make this work. Thoughts? Thank you, Bob C
  • steveH
    Re: TNT 2 September, Multi-Timbral...
    Hmmm... I don't quite understand what you mean by "not working"... can you please be more specific?
  • Bob C
    Hello Steve, I wish I understood how to embed images into the threads...so I could show you. I've tried to cut and paste images (jpegs), but it doesn't seem to work.... But, I'll try to explain. I was successful in creating each piece in the environment and then finding the new channel strips in the mixer. All the faders worked independently as shown in the tutorial, but no sound...no drums came through. I suspect...routing on the BDF 2 side of the equation...can you tell me what numbers I should use on the BFD side to match it up to the Logic side of the equation? I really appreciate your help! And, I enjoy the tutorials. Thank you, Bob C
  • steveH
    Is it loaded as a multi-output instrument in a logic software instrument channel?? I've never used BFD, by the way.
  • Bob C
    Hello Steve, Yes, I loaded the Multi-Timbral instrument version in the channel strip. I was so hoping you were an expert on BFD too. Bummer. Any suggestions on what I might try to get Logic to see BFD? Thanks, Bob C
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Bob Here is a thread on the Logic forums on how to upload pictures to your posts: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=15245[/url] Rounik
  • Bob C
    Hello Rounik, Steve, The upload site is pretty cool. I've uploaded two images: one of BFD 2, where I can select the channels etc., and one showing the mixer, after working in the Environment to set it up, hoping that will paint a clearer picture. http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9599/channelscreatedviaenvir.png http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/5043/bfd2channelassignments.png Thanks, Bob C
  • Tekemou
    BFD is multichannel (multi-output channel) however I dont think it is multitimbral (multi-MIDI channel) and personally I dont think it would be very useful this way as it is a heavy instrument as it is. In BFD, you just swap out the kit pieces you need and use the internal BFD mixer to mix them, and if you need further processing you assign each kit piece to an output/ aux in logic for more control. For multi- midi channel instruments (like Kontakt and Stylus) you can just create a new instrument with next midi channel as this is easiest now with Logic 8 and 9. Though steve h's technique is necessary to control the level and pan within the logic mixer for multi-timbral instruments and you must unfortunately manually set this up in the environment.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: