macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mtec
    Apple remote and Logic 9
    Hi Folks, i seem to be having trouble with the apple remote and logic 9. i sometimes record stuff from the otherside of my studio and i have always used the apple remote with L8 without probs.now when i use it with L9 front row comes on Ahhhhhh. i thought FR was disabled when working in Logic. Any help guys. Mtec
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Apple remote and Logic 9
    Hi mtec, Unfortunately my Apple Remote has walked off from my studio :( so I can't test this out. Have you tried moving the Front Row application from: Library/System/Core Services/Front Row Hopefully that helps? Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi mtec, Did you find a solution to this issue? Perhaps it's a Snow Leopard only issue? Best Rounik
  • mtec
    No joy yet m8 but according 2 a lot of other logic forums its prob a snow leopard ting. There seems to be quite a few peeps with the same prob. mtec
  • Rounik Admin
    sorry to hear it :( No joy with my rather drastic workaround either?
  • mtec
    No joy Rounik,i can now use the remote to record(after moving the f row app) but when i press the play button Itunes opens and starts playing.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi mtec, This is a bit of an annoying issue! There are a couple of possible workarounds I've come across, but again am unable to test here. 1 - Open iTunes manually and navigate to the iTunes store page. Now use the remote with Logic. Does it help? 2 - I don't know if you're comfortable with Apple Script? Here is a script designed to avoid iTunes opening when the Apple Remote play button is pressed: [url]http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=10158303#10158303[/url] Other users have recommended placing iTunes app in the Trash (temporarily) although this has obvious drawbacks especially if, like me, you are trigger happy! Do let me know how you get on. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: