macProVideo.com
Forums
  • David T
    Just a quickie re tools
    Hi to all - Steve in particular! I'm just setting up a tips and tricks blog on a logic training site that I'm working with - nothing as grand as yours you understand... but you've gotta earn a crust !!!! Anyway - I'm answering a question from a student and I want to make sure I'm not missing something... He has asked if in logic 8 (not 9) there was a way of forcing the pointer tool not to turn into a loop tool at the top RH edge of a region. I'm fully aware that the behavior is customisable (to a point) in L9 with the smart tool on edges etc... but thinking back to L8 - he is harboring hopes of making it feel more like L7 and wants to avoid this tool change - and for the life of me I can't think of any way he can achieve this. Have I missed something obvious? I don't want my first answer on a new T&T blog to be inaccurate, but I don't know of any way to do this! Any thoughts? Thanks for the help by the way - I've put a MPV link direct from the homepage to try and promote the service! Best David Tobin Logic Certified Trainer ps - As soon as the site goes live, I'll post the URL and I'll ask for some ideas on blogs - maybe a bit more off the wall than MPV... just to give it a more unique feel. Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Just a quickie re tools
    Hi David, There is no way to tell Logic NOT to enable the loop icon/function when you position the cursor at the top right of a region in Logic 8. I imagine this is hardwired and out of reach for Users to set up in Logic's Preferences. :) Rounik
  • steveH
    When students as me those kinds of questions, my first response is "WHY?"... Usually their answer reveals a basic misunderstanding of Logic, or, a mindset that needs to be refreshed. As a teacher it's important to sometimes dive beneath the question to find the the true depth and meaning of the query.
  • David T
    Yes I agree. Actually, it's someone I've known for 20 years and in his particular case it's because he's used Logic since version one, he's a bit of a die-hard and doesn't want the interface to change! In reality I guess he needs to just get used to it, but it was an interesting issue to find out if there are ways of making the software still feel more like it used to for old-timers (no insult intended!!) Thanks for the info though! best David T
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: