macProVideo.com
Forums
  • SixStringsDown
    meters
    I heard that there is a way to change the way the meters behave so that they are actually useful if you like to work at low levels. Logic visually makes you want to push everything to 0. if this is so, does anyone know how to change that?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: meters
    Hi Tieg, I'm not sure I understand your question fully. Do you mean the meters look different and have different graphics/ levels indicators or do you mean the meters behave differently? Thanks Rounik
  • SixStringsDown
    I'm not quite sure myself. I think the idea is that if you have really low levels, the meters will still show movement. Right now, if you are at low levels, the meters don't really do much of anything. They just have a little bar at the bottom. So you can't compare the low level tracks visually. I'm thinking maybe there is a way for the meters to show the dynamics of the part even at low volumes, instead of just showing a tiny little bump at the bottom of the meter. or in other words, make a meter that peaks at -15 look like it's peaking at -3.
  • Rounik Admin
    There's not a way to zoom the values of the Channel Strip Level Meter. However, there is one way to see clearer information: Download the FREE G Level Meter/Fader from Sonalksis: [url]http://www.sonalksis.com/index.php?section_id=99[/url] Place that on your channel strip(s). If you want to add them to say all channels strips on insert slot 1. Open the Mixer and swipe over the desired channel strips. Insert the Free G on one CS and it will be added to the corresponding slot of all the Channel strips. You could then open each instance of Free G, arrange it as desired on your screen and save that as a screenset. Hope that helps, Rounik
  • Zihymua
    This is the only disappointment from Logic 9, why they dont give us a meter good and precise like the Free G one So nice app and Kiddy main meter AlRobi
  • Rounik Admin
    You know there is a way to change the look of the level meters in Logic. You can't make them bigger, however, you can add more detail to them. For example little markers and lines to help you know the numerical value a little better. But this involves creating your own graphic in Photoshop (or similar) and adding it to a location inside the Logic.app folder. :) Rounik
  • Zihymua
    I understand Rounik but still the fact this level bar dont work precisely it jump in more then one at a time, ex. going up 2.3 you move it go 2.4 you move a little bit more it jump to 2.9 instead of let say 2.5
  • Rounik Admin
    Ahh... OK. I was talking about the Level Meter. Yes, it would be great to have finer control over the Fader on the level meter in the Mixer.
  • Bj
    Hi Guys, 'Finer Fader Control' is one of the improvements I have noticed using Snow Leopard and Logic 9. No more jumping (for example) from 2.5 to 2.9... Increments are now what you would expect... one increment at a time... Cheers, Bj
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: