macProVideo.com
Forums
  • SoniaT
    Processing overload
    Hello, I am currently creating songs using Logic Pro 8, Leopard 10.5 or higher on an iMac (2GB). Up until lately, playback has not been an issue. It seems now that sometimes when I click the play button or soon after, the audio stops and I get an "overload" message..."not able to process the required data in time"...or something to that effect. I notice too that sometimes when I get the message, the CPU and HD meters are not in the red. What would cause this to happen? I reset the buffer to 512, froze the tracks in a couple of the songs I'm working on where the ES2 is used on many, and deleted most of the plug-ins. It helped a little, but I'm getting the same message on songs that are not quite as intensive too. I thought it could be that I need more memory, but I still have a sufficient amount left. Please help! Sonia T
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Processing overload
    Hi Sonia, What exact versions of Logic and oSX are you running? e.g. Logic 8.0.2, OSX 10.5.8? Also, how much free HD space do you have on your mac? Is you iMac an Intel mac... any more info would be useful on the spec. Are you using an audio interface and any other hardware? Again, any details may be useful. Have you done any maintenance on your Mac recently? Do try the following: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=13874[/url] Let me know if this helps. Thanks Rounik
  • SoniaT
    The repair permission seemed to eliminate my issue. Thanks a million, Rounik! To all of you at MacProvideo: Keep up the fantastic work that you do! :-) Sonia T
  • Rounik Admin
    Great to hear everything is working as it should :) repair permissions is one of my favourite maintenance procedure ever!!! I'd recommend doing this on a regular basis (every month or 2 weeks) or whenever you install new software. :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: