macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mtec
    folder tracks
    Hi All, i was asked by a student if Logic 8/9 can create folder tracks,i showed him how to pack regions into folders etc but he had come from using Cubase and wanted to know if, like Cubase you can put tracks in folders, this would free up space in the track list and arrange area. i was stumped as i don't think Logic has this function. Any clarification on this guys please. mtec
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: folder tracks
    Hi mtec, Most definitely you can! Select the desired regions and choose Region > Folders > Pack Folder or even Pack Take Folder! :) Rounik
  • mtec
    Hi Rounik, yes i showed the student how to pack regions into folders but in Cubase the parts and the tracks in the track list collapse and go into the folder(thats what he wanted) and i must say i would have thought Logic would have had this function but as yet i cant find it. mtec
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi mtec, I'm not sure I understand fully. The tracks in the track list and selected regions do go into the folder. Double click on the folder and the contents of the folder (including track lists etc) will appear in the Folder hierarchy view. Double-click on the empty background to return to the main view of the Arrange. If you don't want the tracks which are packed in the folder to appear in the main Arrange area then you need to delete them or hide them manually. You can choose to unpack the folder to new tracks or existing tracks if you want. Is that what the student wants to achieve?
  • mtec
    Hi Rounik, as you said if i dont want to see the tracks in the track list i have to delete them and then upack the folder to new tracks. In cubase u dont have to delete the tracks as they all go into the folder and are hidden and when you click on the folder it opens showing the tracks and parts. hope this is clearer. check this link and click on the folder track vid. cheers mtec http://www.steinbergusers.com/cubase/cubase_vguides.php
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey mtec, No, unfortunately it doesn't quite happen automatically in Logic. But it is easy to hide tracks.... drag down over the 'H' buttons on the track list to select multiple tracks to hide and then press 'H' on the Keyboard. The only benefit to Logic's implementation of Folder Tracks is that a Folder Track doesn't need to be created and/or named first... Would be great to have an option whereby creating a folder track would automatically delete or hide tracks in view... Although folder tracks in Logic don't have to contain ALL the regions on a track, so perhaps this is why the tracks remain in view? Rounik
  • mtec
    yes this is what i thought. thanks for the replies. mtec
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: