macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic Express
    Buying Logic 9 But New to Logic??????
    Ive been using my friends Logic here and there and have some basics of it, but his logic is old and dated. Ive recently bought a lot of studio equipment to get me started, Apple Mac, Monitor, Speakers, midi Keyboard, Mic, Inter face...So now I wanna hook up with Logic 9. But I need training on the basics, not specialized sections. Is there any point in my buying Logic 9 if there is no basic training??? Surely there are new kids coming up each year that wanna get to know Logic and get invloved and if so they would buy the latest version right but need training on the basics??? I know there are some books available on training but thats for older versions like 7 and 8.... Any help greatly appreciated :) Shane
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Buying Logic 9 But New to Logi...
    Hi Shane, The Core Logic 101 tutorial covers all the basics plus: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9101[/url] and IMHO is great for new Logic users. We also offer a Basic Bundle for Logic: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/bundlebuilder/[/url] which you can customise if you wish. Let me know if you have any further questions. Rounik
  • Logic Express
    Thanks Rounik I think Il buy the core audio 101 Also what is IMHO???? (Im that uneducated) I would like the bundles but Id need to know more about each one as I come by it when using Logic, and with the price of buying Logic Pro 9 and 1 Tutorial its gonna cost a lot. How much is Logic 9 to buy from new ???? Thanks for your help!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Shane, IMHO = In My Humble Opinion. It's OK, I remember not too long ago I didn't know what that meant :) If you'd prefer to have online access to the entire library of Logic (and other) tutorial videos, there is a online subscription service: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/subscribe/[/url] Do check out the preview videos for all the Logic tutorials on offer. But, if you want specific advice on what tutorials to get, let me know the style of music you make as that may help. Good prices I've seen in the US for Logic Express is $185 Logic Studio is $415 Thanks Rounik
  • Logic Express
    Haha I thought it was some "in house" musical term! Thats great Il check out the online option that maybe a good idea, The music I write is Chart music I guess, Im hoping to write for pop acts...so kinda like Timbaland/Red One vibe. Lady Gaga's sound ya get me, not her but her music :) You can check out my tracks on www.myspace.com/shanevpower You may think I know more about Logic when you listen to them but trust me it took months to do one track cos Im doing it all the wrong way around! Maybe after you hear them or judging by the music Ive told you Im hoping to make you can adive me on Logic Express or Pro. Ive been using my friends Logic Express 7!!! Oldskool! So this is why I now want to buy my own Logic but the updated version and be safe in the knowledge that there is basic tutorial for me to learn from!
  • mtec
    Hi, Both myself and Rounik and many others on this forum are Logic Trainers. i run a Logic for beginners and Level one course at a centre in east London and its very inexpensive. i dont know where u are but do check out ur local colleges for intro courses in Logic and of course get one of the Macpro vids as they are gr8. all the best Mtec
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Shane, I just had time to give one of your tracks a listen. It does appear you know your way around Logic! The beauty of Logic is the number of ways you can do the same thing. It means, from a workflow point of view, you can customise it to your preferred way. Having said that the Logic 101 tutorial may give you quite a few "OH, cool, that's what that does..." moments as will many of the other tutorials which take you deeper into the logic experience. Knowing now that Pop is you thing, you might want to consider the Mixing Pop in Pro Tools tutorial (good concepts for mixing Pop in Logic too), also the Mixing RnB in Logic is great. Definitely start with the Logic 101 and see how you get on. It's a great tut as it takes you through all the basics to intermediate functions while creating a song from scratch. Then you'll have a better idea on what area you want to concentrate on, e.g. Logic's Synths, Advanced Masterclasses, Tip N Tricks, Mixing and/or Mastering. Let me know how you get on and if you have any other questions. I know mtec is trying to get you over to London for a course... but resist that and come to Bristol instead, it's a lot closer to Dublin than London ;-) Best Rounik
  • Logic Express
    Yep it appears that way man but I really don't know my way around Logic and the reason that song is Instrumental on my myspace is cos I just can't get the vocals right, levels are all over the place and its clearly cos Im NOT setting things up right before I start, instead Im doing it in bits and then forgetting where I am and then it never works, stressed! Plus all I get is Core Audio freezes and Ive increased the Buffer etc.. Yeah 101 sounds like it really will help, lots of discovery like you say and a good basic breakdown. And then the Pop Tutorial sounds like another good investment, you mention pro tools here though...is that not an entirely different software??? I was actually over in London last week whilst in Reading at a Wedding which was boring, I didnt know you ran courses like this I woulda gladly escaped the church for that! Ive a great idea, why don't You and Mtec come over to Dublin, give me a crash course on logic, Il supply the Beers and hook you up with a few Dublin ladies?? I think its a great deal hahaha. Rounik do you think Id be better of with logic Express or Pro, I hear alot of talk about Logic 9 being more beneficial to guitar players etc??? Its just Ive spent a fortune on all my equipment and I really dont wanna waste money. I know you've to sell sell sell but Id really appreciate it if you could adivse me on that cos Il be buying either way... Thanks man
  • Logic Express
    I'm afraid its Dublin!! So Im not exactly local!! But that is something I woulda really been into if I wasn't across the pond!
  • Bj
    Hi Shane... Guys, Just like to join in... With regards to the Pop Mastering Tutorial... (even though it is made on Pro Tools), the information and principals imparted apply to whichever DAW you may use, Logic, Pro Tools, etc... As for Express or Studio... Studio is the way to go... it is a little more money, but the Jam Packs alone make up for that... and it's always nice to have the full version of any application... Especially for making music. Anyway, that's my opinion... Hope this helps, Cheers, Bj
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: