macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic Express
    Re: Buying Logic 9 But New to Logi...
    Hey, I have increased the buffer size some time back when this first became a problem, my friend had guessed it maybe that and we tried it but it made little difference. What exactly does the freezing track do, Ive always wondered about that!! ?? When you say bounce the tracks to Audio, do you mean move them to an audio grid/track or ur saying that they can be bounced to some where else in "audio"?? All I know about Bouncing is Bouncing the final finished track out to MP3 etc.. Regarding the Share Effects, it makes scene to me but I don't know how to go about doing that. I know Il learn all this from the 101 so sorry for annoying you with my newbie annoying questions! Regarding the other problem I posted "tracks suddenly being out of tune" I checked the velocity and that's at 0 hasn't been moved, its not so much likes its moved up an Octave its actually out of tune all most like the pitch bend is being held very slightly u know that kinda way?? The weird thing is that, It actually sometimes plays correctly then goes weird, I re play it and then the track is weird all the way through. The global button isn't pressed either... I'm beginning to think its just genuinely dying (problematic) cos its not compatible being logic express 7 with a new mac....maybe I don't know. I emailed people on www.crucial.com about buying mem so Im waiting to hear back from them 2 days now! And God you were right, so much cheaper so thanks again for that!! Im gonna buy Pro 9 hopefully at the end of then month!! Thanks again for all this Rounik top man!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, I can't remember in Logic 7 (how fickle my memory cells are!) but I believe you can choose to show the Freeze button on the track Headers. Perhaps in the Arrange's View menu? Basically, Freezing tracks frees up CPU. It does this by bouncing (or rendering) the track to an audio file and thus bypassing any of the plugins used on the track. You could do this manually by soloing the track, choosing File > Bounce... then re-importing the audio file to a new audio track, muting the original and bypassing all the plugins. Some of the concepts I explained are a little advanced and worthy of their own threads... To share one effect over multiple tracks: example - you have 4 tracks, kick, snare, HH and Cymbal. You want to put some reverb on all these tracks... 1. On each channel strip click on the send slot and choose a Bus. e.g. Bus 1. 2. In the Mixer / Environment you should see a Bus channel strip. On it's insert slot... insert a Reverb plugin. 3. Adjust the send dials on each channel strip (the drum tracks) to taste. The higher the value the more signal from the channel is being sent to the bus (which means it's being processed with reverb). The issue with the pitch may well be because of hyperdraw or track automation. Do you have any effects on that track? Probably better in the future to try and keep one question per thread ;-) Cheers Rounik
  • Logic Express
    Yeah I know sorry about that, I just got caught up in the discussion and threw it in there Il post any new question on separate threads!! Then soon Il have the whole message board invaded with pre school questions. A is for Apple! That makes sense to me now about the freezing of tracks and exactly what they do! Yep you can select it under View, then select "Track Freeze Button" and it should appear along side Solo, Record Etc...Im teaching you now about how they did it back in the stone age! Its actually a massive help to me with my other Song you heard (and loved) on myspace, since its so overloaded and I cannot lay the vocals down so Il be using that! Nah its nothing to do with automation either, only affect I have on the track is Comp and Wah Wah distortion. I just re did the take in the end and now it seems to be ok again, weird though!!! Im just messing around with the Bus option now and strangely enough for the first time ever Im starting to get what your saying without having to ask you a million times, gonna play about with that now for a while! Btw: I got feedback from Crucial, they said the Mac only has one more slot and I think it can only hold a maximum of 2048MB. So all I can really purchase is 1GB, that should be enough tho yeah?? They said for my Mac I should install Identical pairs, I presume they mean installing 1GB along with the other rather than half GB right?? Again sorry for all the different questions in one thread I promise any/all other Q's will be posted on a new thread! Thanks again Rounik!! Shane
  • Xyzefiy
    Just commenting on where you've heard apple loops and stuff, and as Logic express mentioned Lady Gaga's music, I was arsing about with the ES2 (Synth that comes with Logic) and stumbled across a sound that I'm sure was used in Lady Gaga's "Just Dance". I think it was the Classic Techno preset. I've also heard apple loops in odd places. Very funny when you do, one of those "ohhhhh I know where you got that from" moments.
  • Logic Express
    Yep its crazy alright, makes you realize its possible to really write a killer hit with the equipment and you use not just the likes of Redone and Timbaland! You know the killers song: Human, the intro on that uses an exact sound from es2 as well! like a Sweep sound buts the exacy same!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: