macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Burafao
    Wave burner - itunes problem
    Hi, i have made a master of a CD and imported it into Waveburner. The music is 60 minutes long with no breaks, it is used in healing treatments. I put 4 track markers with wave burner. Every time i have asked waveburner to included text (song titles/ album title) it doesnt do that. So i have been importing the cd into Itunes naming the CD and tracks before importing it to a playlist. Then when i play the playlist there is sometimes little audible glitches between the tracks. I have tried many times redoing the wave burner project, moving the track markers, re-importing the cd into itunes and hopefully getting a playlist that doesnt have glitches. i have noticed that when the playlist in itunes is stable the CD's burned from it are also stable and have know glitches. So, should it be possible to burn a cd with text from waveburner? and why are there glitches between the tracks when the cd is imported into itunes? Thanks for any help. TOM
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Wave burner - itunes problem
    Hi Tom, Which version of Waveburner and OSX are you using? What settings do you have in iTunes for playback? Do you have 'Crossfade Songs' ticked and Sound Enhancer and Sound Check? Try turning all these off. It should be possible to add text to Waveburner and have the text appear in CD players. Can you outline the procedure by which you are adding text in Waveburner? Thanks Rounik
  • mtec
    i used waveburner to compile a dj stylee mix of my album and it worked fine.Make sure u see the marker text in the lower centre pane of WB each track should have a number ie.1.intro 2. start etc. i add the track markers (purple colour) and then name each track in the centre lower pane. Itunes does not recognise the track text as far as im aware(well not here anyway) but it does show the text in my car cd player. Get the waveburner video its worth the cost just to find out how to add the markers and text and its very cheap. mtec
  • Burafao
    Hi MTCEC and ROUNIK, thanks for your replies. I am away from the computer for 5 days so to answer your questions properly and try your suggestions, i'll have to wait till then. I have a g5 imac i think running 10.4.11, but i'm not sure. The Logic is 8.0.2. As far as a remember i printed text in the text window in wave burner ( i found the manual a little thin on the topic ) but it never came on the cd. I-tunes as far as i am aware reads text from all the cd's i have ever put in it. In i-tunes the sound enhancer is OFF, and as far as i am aware so is the crossfade. The odd thing is, that when i set the track markers in Waveburner and i burn the cd, then play it in itunes or import it to a playlist and play it, 4 out of 5 times the transition between the tracks is not always smooth. The music is for meditation and massage treatments, so even the tiniest glitch across tracks is noticable. But when i burn a copy from Waveburner then import to itunes (to write the text and then burn from there)and there is no glitch, there is always no glitch. So once i have a stable playlist to burn copies from all the copies are correct. Rounik ,i'll check to see what cross fade is set to, but i think its not ON. I must admit my Mac does some odd things some times these days, if i had the money i'd love a new imac and logic9. Sounds like its already running smoothly with reading reviews, but i'd like to get the best out of what i am working with, which when it works well i love working with. I'll have a look at the waveburner tutorial. Thanks again tOM
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi TablaTom, Yes, the waveburner tutorial is really really good IMHO! Sounds like iTunes will only read the text from a CD (which was burnt by Waveburner) and not from the file exported from Waveburner? :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: